PDA

View Full Version : This is a drill this is a drill & around it goes where it will stop no one knows.

Bart Leetch
11-28-2005, 12:41 AM
I was just given this Millerfalls hand drill today along with a Stanley drill that doesn't have a chuck I hope to find a chuck for this drill. I don't think I'll ever have any of the high dollar older hand tools but I still enjoy acquiring them.

Jim DeLaney
11-28-2005, 7:41 AM
Old M-F drills are going for next to nothing on Ebay. I've seen several type 12_'s have an opening 'ask' of $5 or $6, and go off without any bids at all, so you should be able to get a busted 'parts' drill for next to nothing. Postage will probably be more than the drill will cost...

Bart Leetch
11-28-2005, 10:01 AM
How about old stanley drills ? Thats what I need the parts for. However I don't do Ebay so it probably won't happen there. I don't do business over the internet. I do find business over the internet if they list a phone # then I call them. Nothing goes on my computer that can be traced like bank # or accounts.

Dave Anderson NH
11-28-2005, 10:05 AM
Eggbeater drills are really useful toos to have around the shop Bart. Did your MF come with the bits in the handle? I keep an eggbeater on the tool wall behind the bench where it's in easy reach. no sense going into the machine room just to drill a couple of small holes. I'm usually done drilling before I could even make the 20 pace walk, install a bit, drill the holes, and walk back.

I'll echo what Jim says, they are easy to find on eBay, at flea markets, and even at yard sales and they go pretty cheap.

Bart Leetch
11-28-2005, 10:16 AM
Dave

The drill didn't come with bits in the handle. I know they originally came that way I was on the MF site last night & found out that my drill was probably made soemwhere around 1935 - 1938. I like the Stanely/Bailey tools but am getting hooked on tha MF tools I know there isn't much difference because some of the MF tools were almost direct copies of the Stanley tools but I've always been this way I just like to be different. I have a few Stanley planes etc. Back during the Beatles era when all the kids got blue ski jackets with hoods rolled under the collar I got a green jacket with no collar. I guess I'm just different.