PDA

View Full Version : Visiting LA area .... Help

D.McDonnel "Mac"
11-27-2005, 11:39 PM
I am visiting the LA area (staying at the Doubletree Ontario Airport)and I'd love to see some sites in the area preferably woodworking or Arts & Crafts (Stickly, Greene&Greene, Mission) related. I've already scoped out the Gamble house (Thursday tour hopefully). What else is there? I'm sure I'll end up in Carlsbad one evening as I have an uncle down there. All I have is the evenings. Any suggestions?

Mac

Gary Curtis
11-27-2005, 11:50 PM
Very near the Gamble House is another Green & Green design, The Blacker House. Since it is privately owned, you can only view it from the outside. Absolutely stunning.

And, owing to its corner location, you can walk along the side street and see much of the exquisite backyard. My woodworking club got a special tour of both locations and my darling wife picked the Craftsman style for our newly built home.

The Pasadena Chamber of Commerce has addresses and maps to other Green & Green houses in the community

Gary Curtis

Jerry Clark
11-28-2005, 12:04 AM
Ontario Airport is a couple miles from Sam Maloff's house--in ALta Loma! A must see-- open Saturday's only-- I think!:rolleyes:

Jim Becker
11-28-2005, 7:01 AM
Mac, you might try and hook up with Mark Singer... ;)

Matt Meiser
11-28-2005, 7:04 AM
I second Jim's recomendation. Mark is a great guy and I learned a lot from him during my visit.

Lee DeRaud
11-28-2005, 10:07 AM
Ontario Airport is a couple miles from Sam Maloff's house--in ALta Loma! A must see-- open Saturday's only-- I think!:rolleyes:Also Thursday's, but only in the afternoon for both days. Info is here: http://www.malooffoundation.org/tours.cfm