PDA

View Full Version : No Tool Mishaps this weekend!

Chris Padilla
11-27-2005, 11:30 PM
Just thought I'd post that copious use of my router table and router resulted in only "damage" to the wood I was working on!

I thought we could all use a post like this! :)

Kelly C. Hanna
11-28-2005, 7:40 AM
Good job Chris!! I think we could use the occasional good news in this area. Way too many people gettin' hurt these days.

Frank Pellow
11-28-2005, 7:51 AM
Good on you Chris! Now, just continue to keep it that way! (The previous sentence is for everybody.)

Jeff Sudmeier
11-28-2005, 8:42 AM
Wow talk about a way to jinx yourself :)

Great job so far!

David Fried
11-28-2005, 8:45 AM
Reminds me of when I worked in a factory and they had a board when you walked in the door announcing how many days accident free. It was reassuring to see first shift going twenty or thirty days between accidents but unnerving to see that third shift never made it out of the single digits!

Another reminder for me to quit when I get tired.

Dave Fried

Lee DeRaud
11-28-2005, 10:12 AM
Reminds me of when I worked in a factory and they had a board when you walked in the door announcing how many days accident free.I've seen a cartoon about that...with the guy falling off a ladder while changing the numbers.:p

Jack Diemer
11-28-2005, 11:46 AM
Didn't know you used those tools, I thought you just collected them. :p

Cecil Arnold
11-28-2005, 11:50 AM
I'm really happy you made it safely, but as a leader of the picture police you know without a picture it didn't happen.

Chris Padilla
11-28-2005, 12:33 PM
Wow, still a tough crowd in here! :)

Steve Clardy
11-28-2005, 1:01 PM
Well no accidents here for quite a long time.
But I think I had a bad omen last night, as to how this week will go.
I was turning a new handle for a Charles Buck socket chisel.
It started raining, and I have an ocasional roof leak when the winds blows hard. Water started dripping onto the 4-bulb lamp above my 36" lathe, splashing onto my head.
Only leak in the whole shop, and it was dripping on me head. Lol

Chris Padilla
11-28-2005, 1:19 PM
Take the week or a couple days off, Bro! :)

Steve Clardy
11-28-2005, 1:26 PM
Take the week or a couple days off, Bro! :)

Yea. Think I better be on the lookout this week for strange happenings.
Just snapped a pic of the chisel with new handle, posted it in handtool forum. Heard something fall and hit the floor in shop.
Went to see what it was. It was the chisel. Rolled off the bench and hit the floor. Ugh:(

Lee DeRaud
11-28-2005, 1:58 PM
I'm really happy you made it safely, but as a leader of the picture police you know without a picture it didn't happen.Maybe it's just me, but I'd just as soon not see a picture of all the places Chris didn't get hurt.:eek: