PDA

View Full Version : Bandsaw Gloat...

John Cavanaugh
11-27-2005, 10:31 PM
Well Ive had the bandsaw in the garage (in boxes) for about 1.5 months and finally got around to putting it together. For those of you wondering why it took so long to put together a new gloat, well I was behind on my "Honey Do" list and Mrs told me I better finish those projects before I put together my new toy.

All in all Im pretty happy with the saw & riser block thus far. I think this bandsaw from Grizzly is one of the best deals out there in terms of value for money.

Only thing that I was unhappy with was the provided blade, but that doesnt come as a surprise. I need to purchase a couple bi-metal blades for various applications.

Any yes, for those looking closely at the picture, that *is* baby powder on the table. In one of my woodworking classes the instructor mentioned a story about an old time woodworker from Russia that swore by talc powder on his cast iron surfaces. My instructor tried it on his jointer with good results, I figured I would give it a try on the badsaw table.

--
John Cavanaugh

Bernie Weishapl
11-27-2005, 11:19 PM
John that is a good looking saw. Great gloat. Is it the G0555?

I just got mine and put it together with the riser a couple of weeks ago. I just cut a walnut log that I cut down with a chain saw to about 11" H X 18" W X 3' long. With the woodslicer blade it just cut like butter with no strain. I bought a 1/2" woodslicer just to try it (extremely pleased with it) and 3 timberwolf blades (3/4" 2tpi, 1/2" 3tpi, 1/4" 8tpi) which I had been using on the small Delta bandsaw.

Chris Padilla
11-27-2005, 11:27 PM
John,

I totally understand...I have my FS-41 Elite boxed up for the longest time! Sometimes you just don't have the time! :)

John Bailey
11-28-2005, 5:28 AM
John,

Lot's of folks have gotten that saw and love it. I'm sure you'll like it too.

John