PDA

View Full Version : Poinsettias in the greenhouse (PICS)

Joe Mioux
11-27-2005, 8:04 PM
I had to take some pics for another forum today, so I thought I would pass these on here as well.

Hope you enjoy them. Sorry about the out of focus ones, also it was cloudy and rainy today.

Carl Eyman
11-27-2005, 8:17 PM
Reminds me of my days living in Puerto Rico. They were blooming all over the place this time of year. If I were Bob Hope, I'd sing " thanks for the memory"; but I'm not; so I won't

Bruce Page
11-27-2005, 8:18 PM
That's a whole lot of Poinsettias!

It's getting to be that time of the year

Jerry Clark
11-27-2005, 8:28 PM
WOW Joe, :eek: That is a big place! Thanks for sharing!:)

John Miliunas
11-27-2005, 8:36 PM
Joe, I remember your pics of that from last year. You truly are a Poinsettia Master!!!:) I still don't know how you find the time to do all that you do!!! Great job!:) :D

Joe Mioux
11-27-2005, 10:33 PM
John I started at 3:30 am this morning delivering a load of poinsettias down to a wholelsaler 75 miles away. Later on on sprayed the poins for Botrytis.

Also, the two small poinsettias in the one photo are 13-14 inches tall. The tall one is over 36".

Joe Mioux
11-28-2005, 6:20 AM
Carl: A lot of propogation of poinsettias have moved off shore. Puerto Rico has become a large rooting station for U.S. poinsettia production now. Traditionally, poinsettias were hybridized, cut and/or rooted in Encinitas, CA by the Ecke family. However, the property has become too valuable and is slowly being redeveloped.

Bruce: There are some empty benches in the greenhouse this year due to poor percentage of successfully rooted poinsettias.