PDA

View Full Version : Recharge / replacement tube for ULS machine?

matt zabel
10-05-2018, 3:25 PM
Hi - I've read through (I think) all the relevant threads on this topic but am looking for some updated / recent advice. We're in need of a new/recharged tube for an older ULS m-360 60 watt machine. ULS is $2200 with a 2 week backorder and Evergreen is $850 with 1-2 week turnaround. I'm aware of the basic tradeoffs, but I wanted to ask if those who have gone with Evergreen option are still satisfied with the experience? Or, if others have found new alternatives, I'd love to hear those too. Of course this happens in the middle of our biggest job of the year...! Thanks!!

Chris Achtschin
10-05-2018, 4:05 PM
I've used Evergreen twice with great results

Paul Phillips
10-05-2018, 5:08 PM
Same here, Evergreen still comes highly rated, they are even Dave Sheldrake approved! Unfortunately there is no such thing as cheap and quick.

matt zabel
10-06-2018, 12:41 PM
Thanks for the feedback!

David Takes
10-07-2018, 12:50 AM
My first cartridge with Universal lasted over 8 years, hence I went with Universal. $150 a year isn't bad for something that generates the revenue it does.

Keith Downing
10-07-2018, 11:32 PM
I've used Evergreen twice. Overall it has worked out well for me both times!

I will warn you that they are essentially a mom and pop operation, and there are times of the year they get busy. It may help to give them a very gentle nudge to make sure your tube gets tested quickly so that the repair / recharge price can be set and the work completed in a timely manner.

Ian Stewart-Koster
10-10-2018, 3:35 AM
I used ULS, 'direct' but via an agent in Brisbane - for our ancient M-300, 40 watt.
The total cost was about $4850 AUD - that hurt - but they fixed or upgraded it to 55 watts, and it's all good.
Whether I'd have got a better deal not via the Brisbane agents is hard to say, but at the time, I didn't know as much, and Evergreen were less obvious!
(I have since acquired two spare dead ULS tubes, and a dead V460 that I plan to convert to Ruida.)

ULS service was great!

James E Baker
12-20-2018, 8:35 AM
Very interested in the Evergreen service.

The 50 watt tube in my VLS4.60 appears to have failed. Last year I noticed that the power appeared to be dropping during longer cutting sessions, and a few months ago the laser stopped doing anything except for emitting an anemic momentary pulse of laser output when a job was started.

Considering I bought the VLS4.60 in late 2009 and it's still on the original tube, I think I've had a good run out of the tube.

The increase in the cost of a ULS refurbishment was a shock and it convinced me to look at Evergreen.