View Full Version : SawStop dust collection

Kirk (KC) Constable
11-27-2005, 7:39 AM
Where is the dust port on the SS cabinet saw? I can't find that info. :(

Thank you. Just trying to plan ahead a bit... ;) :D

KC

Jim Hager
11-27-2005, 8:38 AM
The dust port is at the center rear of the cabinet. The dust collection is one of the best setups that I've seen before on a cabinet saw. The blade is surrounded by the dust collection "shroud" that is directly channeled into the dust collection 4" pipe.

Kirk (KC) Constable
11-27-2005, 9:32 AM
Thank you. New shop planning can now proceed. :) I'm tired of 'making do'...time to git'r'done while I'm still young enough to enjoy it.

KC

Roy Wall
11-27-2005, 10:39 AM
Kirk,

You can go to Sawstop.com and download the cabinet saw manual in PDF... this will give you a visual of the machine...

I run a 5' flex hose to the port and reduce 5"-4" at the port. You may want to include a gate for (future) overhead DC around the blade guard...

Jack Diemer
11-27-2005, 12:37 PM
Hey Roy, how you like that saw? I have never seen one up close and personal.

I am surprised you have something that requires electricity. I figured you cut everything old school.

Roy Wall
11-27-2005, 9:25 PM
Hey Roy, how you like that saw? I have never seen one up close and personal.

I am surprised you have something that requires electricity. I figured you cut everything old school.

Everything in moderation my friend.....:cool: Balance and harmony...electrons and hand tools........:p I'm learning these motorized machines are much faster and certainly more accurate!!!

GIve me a shout if you're ever headed toward Blue Springs - Lee's Summit....I'll give it a test drive!

Kirk (KC) Constable
11-28-2005, 6:49 AM
I downloaded something from the front page that was just several pages on the 'technology'...but has a big old top view of the saw on the front page. I'll go deeper...