PDA

View Full Version : Portable Workbench In The Wild

ken hatch
10-01-2018, 4:43 AM
I didn't have much use of the portable workbench this trip to the PNW, while it didn't rain a lot there was mist and fog most days. I did set the bench up in the Fort Bragg CA. site for a couple of days and did a little work on a small box (didn't finish it). Anyway here is one of the few photos of this years portable bench in the wild. Notice the whisky glass on the tool chest. It was a very good day.

Click it to big it.

ken

Joe. Rivera
10-01-2018, 5:18 AM
Very cool!

Frederick Skelly
10-01-2018, 6:31 AM
Ken,
You sure make RV'ing look like fun! How do you mix hand tools and alcohol - I cut myself on chisels and plane irons even sober? :)
Fred

ken hatch
10-01-2018, 6:39 AM
Ken,
You sure make RV'ing look like fun! How do you mix hand tools and alcohol - I cut myself on chisels and plane irons even sober? :)
Fred

Thanks Joe.

Fred, notice not much was going on with the tools. I just hadn't put 'em back in the tool chest for the night. I'm of the age where even something as dull as a screwdriver cuts and I leave DNA everywhere. Most of the time MsBubba points out the blood and asks how, I never have a clue.

It was a good month even if I didn't use the bench very much.

ken

David Eisenhauer
10-01-2018, 6:06 PM
Keep on rolling Ken and don't look back. I was just thinking as I lay in bed early, early this morning that I don't miss my job at all. And it was a good job that paid very well - but a job never the less.

ken hatch
10-01-2018, 7:22 PM
Keep on rolling Ken and don't look back. I was just thinking as I lay in bed early, early this morning that I don't miss my job at all. And it was a good job that payed very well - but a job never the less.

David,

That's my problem. I think I will miss closing the Sim door and once the Sim is on "motion" working with the clients. Dealing with the suits is another story and will hasten the day.

The trip this year was a dress rehearsal and I didn't start barking at the moon before it was over, I take that as a good sign.

ken

Stew Denton
10-01-2018, 10:15 PM
Ken, the bench and tool chest look good especially since you were a long way from home. Sorry the weather was such you couldn't use it more, but it is good you got to use it some.

Stew

ken hatch
10-02-2018, 4:23 AM
One more of the bench, this time just outside Trinidad CA.

As always click it to big it.

I was working on the vise backer's parallel guide mortise. The mortise was a perfect fit in the desert, not so much on the California coast. After a couple of shavings the vise was as smooth as silk.

ken