PDA

View Full Version : RDWORKS Engrave multiple parts

Fred Britt
09-28-2018, 11:20 AM
I engraved 72 name tags. Each sheet had 7 columns and 2 rows. Typical engraving starts at the first column and goes all the way to the end of column 7.
Is there a way if I wanted to engrave one at a time? Still, 7 columns and 2 rows but the laser will complete the first name tag in column 1, row 1 before moving to the next tag in column 2, row 1 and so on?
I had someone to tell me this is faster to do one at a time since the laser travel does not have to go left to right on all the columns at one time.

Kev Williams
09-28-2018, 11:56 AM
Make all of column one black, column two blue, column three yellow, column four green, column five cyan, column six magenta, column 7 orange-

or pick your own colors :) -and you can change the order in which each color engraves in the 'color stack' on the screen.

The machine will run one color at a time, so it'll run the black column before moving to the blue column, etc.

--btw, run a time test of each way to make sure it DOES save time, could go either way depending...

Fred Britt
09-28-2018, 2:59 PM
Make all of column one black, column two blue, column three yellow, column four green, column five cyan, column six magenta, column 7 orange-

or pick your own colors :) -and you can change the order in which each color engraves in the 'color stack' on the screen.

The machine will run one color at a time, so it'll run the black column before moving to the blue column, etc.

--btw, run a time test of each way to make sure it DOES save time, could go either way depending...

Thanks, will give it a try :)