PDA

View Full Version : Issues printing with DraftSight?

Joshua Zyrowski
09-27-2018, 1:35 PM
Hello! I am trying to do a simple laser print from DraftSight (off-brand AutoCad) - but the JobControl printer is not recognizing my red lines for cutting.

I have the correct red (R:255, G: 0, B: 0) and I believe that the lineweight is accurate (0.00mm)
I have tried printing directly from DraftSight and I have tried exporting to pdf and then printing; still no recognition from JobControl of what to cut

Has anyone else tried laser printing a 2D file from DraftSight?

Mike Null
09-27-2018, 3:19 PM
It appears to me that line weight is your problem. You have none so what is the printer supposed to see?

Make it a hairline or .005" and see what that produces.

Joshua Zyrowski
09-27-2018, 3:40 PM
It appears to me that line weight is your problem. You have none so what is the printer supposed to see?

Make it a hairline or .005" and see what that produces.

Hi Mike,
Thank you for your response. I changed the line weight to be .005" and this still did not recognize the red line for cutting.
I also tried making it smaller (.003") and it still will not recognize that the red line parameter is supposed to be cut.

Mike Null
09-27-2018, 4:19 PM
You mentioned job control. Are you using a Trotec laser? If so, go into the material settings and make sure that "cut" is on under the red color and that there are speed and power settings with it.

Joshua Zyrowski
09-28-2018, 7:46 AM
Yes; I am using a Trotec Laser. The cut parameters are on and set. I am thinking that the disconnect is with DraftSight. My suspicion is that when DraftSight tries to print a a DWG or DXF file (or export a file to pdf) - it somehow changes the scale or the line weight of the data. But I do not have any proof of this.

Mike Null
09-28-2018, 8:06 AM
I would agree though I am not familiar with that software.

Joshua Zyrowski
09-28-2018, 8:12 AM
Mike,

After many frustrating and failed attempts - I was able to export the Drawing to a pdf and the JobControl recognized the cut line (The cut line had to be a separate layer). Thank you very much for your help!

Mike Null
09-28-2018, 8:36 AM
Glad you have figured out your work around. I wasn't much help though.