PDA

View Full Version : Another mirror or 3

JohnC Lucas
09-26-2018, 2:16 PM
I had an idea to wrap a coat hanger around a mirror. It didn't work with the coat hanger they aren't long enough and would not wrap around the top of the handle very well. I eneded up using 16 gauge wire and it's just too small to give the affect that I wanted. I have an idea and may try it again later. The other 2 are Bradford Pear.

Cliff Hill
09-26-2018, 4:50 PM
John -- Have you thought about using copper wire like 14 gauge? The copper color would look great with your wood. I really like your mirrors.

Perry Hilbert Jr
09-26-2018, 7:17 PM
are you going for an inlaid filigree look? Gun smiths building long rifles use German silver wire that has been flattened on one side to a wedge shape. A knife cut is made and the sharp side of the wire is hammered into the wood. My explanation is a bit simplistic, but that is the general idea. https://www.dixiegunworks.com/index/page/product/product_id/2426/category/366/category_chain/350,359,366/product_name/IP0301+German+Silver+Flat+Wire+Inlay+-+.008%22 Places like the Rifle shop and Track of the Wolf probably also have it.

You might want to look up Tip Curtis, I believe he is in Cross Plains Tenn. He may have it for sale. 615-654-4445