PDA

View Full Version : Fix For Newley Refinished Floor....

Corey Hallagan
11-26-2005, 11:09 AM
Got a nice scrach that broke one or two layers of the oil Varathane floor finish that I recently completed. While having a new solid oak computer hutch delivered ( no i didn't build it, we wanted instant gratification) and they made a nice little swooping scratch. Since it doesn't go thru all 4 layers I am sure, will a couple swipes of my BLO, Oil Poly and Mineral spirits mixture over the top hurt this. Seems like if anything it will fill in that whitish mark left from the scratch. Any thoughts if this will work, hurt the floor etc. ?
Thanks as always,
Corey

Richard Wolf
11-26-2005, 5:53 PM
Corey, that stuff always seems to happen to me with new things all the time. I think I would get some varathane and try to fill the scratch with an artist brush.

Richard

Corey Hallagan
11-26-2005, 8:09 PM
Yeah, it is inevitable I guess, but didn't want it this soon, but that is what happens when furniture is delivered. Oh well, I will give that a shot, thanks Richard!

Corey

Bernie Weishapl
11-26-2005, 8:20 PM
Corey I did like Richard said and used a artist brush on a scratch we had on a piece of furniture that had 5 coats of poly. It wasn't deep but worked like a charm. Just use a thin brush and keep the poly in the scratch. It is a pain but it came out ok.