PDA

View Full Version : shelf life of Target Coatings EM6500

John Gregory
09-23-2018, 10:48 PM
We started remodeling our kitchen two years ago. We purchased some tinted EM6500. Health issues including back surgery delayed the completion. Well time to get back in the saddle. What happens to the EM6500 after two years? We have a 5 gallon can that has never been opened. What risks am I taking if I use it? I still have drawer fronts, cabinet doors and trim to paint. I have emailed Jeff at Target Coatings but I have not heard back.

Any advice?

Thanks

Wayne Lomman
09-24-2018, 12:01 AM
24+ months. This will be for good storage conditions and unopened container. Provided it has not cooked or frozen too often, you will be good to go. Check the tech data sheet for the product for confirmation. Cheers

Jim Becker
09-24-2018, 9:07 AM
Wayne is pretty spot on...how you store it matters, but it's pretty durable stuff when stored correctly.

I will, um...quietly disclose...that I still have some of the EM6000's predecessor in my inventory and it still sprays and cures beautifully. I'm not about to use it on a customer's project, but I do use it for general utility rather than going out and buying something. I've been pleasantly surprised at how long it's remained viable! We are talking quite a few years here!

John Gregory
09-24-2018, 4:50 PM
Thanks guys, it has been stored in an climate control area, with both heating and cooling. Really part of our living area.

Jim Becker
09-24-2018, 5:24 PM
Ah...the five gallon end table. :) :D

John Gregory
09-26-2018, 10:51 PM
Jeff responded to my email. He said the same thing you guys did.