PDA

View Full Version : There are good people out there

stan kern
09-23-2018, 8:51 PM
In july I purchased a Bodor laser from a dealer not wanting to go through china (too chicken)
that was july during the setup the dealer by mistake blew the y axis drive, so that had to be shipped
and i installed (does not look the same vintage but works)
Then i started to have problems where the machine would not fire or pulse
But to get a new controller you have to prove its deffective by making a video , then it goes to the dealer then to china
and then later a replacement arrives.
I never knew this was how things were done , as my first laser was in 2008 and i guess i was lucky it just worked.
Finally the controller arrives and i installed it , installe dthe vendor user settings and almost good to go
i noticed the x y z no movement and by accident saw the 120v to 48 vdc power supply green LED out which ment it
failed but when i gave it a wrap it would come on for awhile.
I am now in sept 23 and will have to prove whats wrong and then go to the dealer then to china and get replacement parts ...I hope
I had written a post on the cnc zone about the controller problems and a dealer in florida wrote me with a lot of help
and assistance (he sells bodor same laser)
He has been a terrific help to me and will probably continue helping me except i am in canada and he is florida but i appreciate
the expert help and support and the explanation of how business is done between dealer and china.
This dealer has purchased replacement spare parts so his customer does not wait for videos and shipping time etc,
He just gets the part to you and then deals with china.
I wanted to write and say this because every once in awhile you run into a good guy, and i ran into this one
his name is Danny Martinez
Engraving Machines Plus, Corp.
P.O. Box 33281
Indialantic, FL 32903
Wish i could have met him in june, and i know now how to pick a dealer

stan kern
09-23-2018, 9:49 PM
I know what a lot of people will say, that's the china purchase, you take your chances ---its true