PDA

View Full Version : What's with this weather change?

Jim Tabor
09-22-2018, 6:38 PM
Yesterday, last day of summer, 92 degrees, clear and daylight until 7:40 pm. Today, first day of fall, 61 degrees, raining and almost dark at 5:20pm.

Bruce Wrenn
09-22-2018, 8:33 PM
Yesterday, last day of summer, 92 degrees, clear and daylight until 7:40 pm. Today, first day of fall, 61 degrees, raining and almost dark at 5:20pm.It's called a frontal system, which we could have used two weeks ago to steer Florence out to sea. Early darkness was due to heavy thick cloud cover, though days are getting shorter in a hurry. Here, first week in December, it will be dark at 5:00 PM EST. By Christmas it will be around 5:30 before it's dark.

Ken Fitzgerald
09-22-2018, 10:34 PM
We have been having typical fall weather for about a week here. Our tomatoes went from having to pick 2-3 times a week to maybe next week provided it doesn't frost by then.

Matt Day
09-22-2018, 10:52 PM
I think it’s called Fall.

Lee Schierer
09-23-2018, 7:55 AM
It was 44 degrees here this morning, it was in the mid eighties on Friday.

Jim Koepke
09-23-2018, 12:10 PM
It seems to happen every year at about the same time.

Wonderfully pleasant weather and then the wind blows, the thermometer falls, in come a few clouds that seem to stay forever.

Then a little ground hog crawls out of its hole and things start to get warm again.

jtk

Perry Hilbert Jr
09-23-2018, 12:25 PM
It is all due to global wettening. The change in the atmosphere provides less protection from the sun's rays, which in turns creates more evaporation from the seas, increased clouds and increased rain. We beat the rainiest summer ever by several inches without a hurricane

Peter Christensen
09-23-2018, 1:07 PM
We have had snow every day since the 21st. Not accumulating more than 1/2" before melting and then reappearing, but it has me thinking of putting the studded tires on a month early. Nature's way of telling me to cool my jets. ;)

Greg Parrish
09-23-2018, 2:26 PM
I wish. Still 94 and oppressive heat here in north Florida. :(

im ready for some fall temps.

Jim Koepke
09-23-2018, 3:04 PM

Maybe you should time share home exchange with some snow birds from the north. :eek:

jtk

Dennis Peacock
09-23-2018, 4:06 PM

I know the feeling!!! Heat index here just last week was 104 degrees F. I'm very thankful for cooler temps today. It may be wet outside....but....it's much cooler and I really like "cooler" weather. :D

Bruce Wrenn
09-23-2018, 8:16 PM
Here, weatherman missed it completely today. It was supposed to be in mid to upper seventies , with drizzle. Absolute sunshine and in the mid eighties instead. Front only came thru in the last hour, dropping temps.

Greg R Bradley
09-23-2018, 8:22 PM
I know the feeling!!! Heat index here just last week was 104 degrees F. I'm very thankful for cooler temps today. It may be wet outside....but....it's much cooler and I really like "cooler" weather. :DPlease send me some “fall”. It was 97 today and the first time I jumped in the pool to cool off was about 8:30am

Bert Kemp
09-23-2018, 10:00 PM
Fall ?? Where??Phoenix, AZ
Sunday 6:00 PM
Partly Cloudy
https://ssl.gstatic.com/onebox/weather/64/partly_cloudy.png98
°F | ° (https://www.google.com/search?q=phoenix+temps&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-b-1#)

Jim Koepke
09-24-2018, 1:14 AM
Looks like we might get a quick return to summer:

jtk

Mike Wilkins
09-24-2018, 9:49 AM
I've been telling folks for years; aliens from other worlds have been experimenting with our weather.

Yonak Hawkins
09-24-2018, 10:41 AM

I hear plenty of people here in Georgia complain about the heat. I've never understood that. I moved here 40 years ago because I'd had enough of the cold weather in northwestern Pennsylvania and I wanted heat. I have it now and I couldn't be happier with it. I feel, if you're in the South, where you know it's going to be hot, it doesn't make sense to complain. Like Nilsson said, "Go where the weather suits your clothes."

Jim Koepke
09-24-2018, 2:51 PM
Like Nilsson said, "Go where the weather suits your clothes."

My relationship with the weather is rather balanced in most places my travels have taken me. Shoveling snow isn't one of my favorite pastimes, but there isn't much here for me to have to shovel.

Candy on the other hand, in response to my question about living in a place where the weather suits her, she said, "it isn't possible." For some people it is very difficult to find "just the right" weather.

jtk

Jim Laumann
09-25-2018, 5:28 PM
Temps (daily high) in the 50's for the next few days, going to light the wood burner tonight. In Minnesnowta - winter is a coming.....