PDA

View Full Version : Local woodworking guild?

Ken Fitzgerald
09-15-2018, 12:41 PM
Our tomato plants are quite productive and all the neighbors have tomato plants too. What to do?

Usually on a Friday or Saturday night, I go to my local pub where I consume two locally brewed Scotch ales and then go home. It's a quiet place. Speaking to the female owner one night, I noticed she'd handed someone a bag with zucchini in it. I asked her if she'd bought an excess? She said no, people bring in stuff out of their gardens to share with other patrons. I asked her if she'd like some tomatoes. She said she never has difficulty getting rid of tomatoes.

Last night I took a nice size bag of tomatoes that we have picked since Wednesday. In return, she bought my first Scotch ale. I had taken a wine stopper as a gift for another elderly patron. Diane was so excited about the wine stopper that she was showing it to everybody, telling them I made it. As a gentleman was paying his tab, he walked over to me, introduced himself and asked if I was a woodworker. I told him yes and I have a standalone shop. He informed me that there was a valley woodworking guild that meets once a month. He said he'd find out when the next meeting was and call me.

I didn't have a clue there was a woodworking guild here. But then, again, I've only lived here since 1982.:rolleyes:

Jim Koepke
09-15-2018, 4:14 PM
That is great.

jtk

kevin nee
09-15-2018, 8:56 PM
I bring tomatoes, bread, mayo, sliced cheese, salt & pepper knifes cutting board and a roll of paper towels and offer make your own sandwiches to my turning club & Woodworkers Guild meetings. Very well received.
i had to tomato sndwhiches for lunch. Nice time of year. Kevin