PDA

View Full Version : Mantle clock

David Scarborough
11-25-2005, 6:52 PM
Heres a nice mantle clock I made from the plansnow.com site free plans. This one was made of pine, stained pecan satin, and 95% done with hand tools. I admit to using a router for the cove. I've made one from oak using all hand tools and the next one will be oak/pine using all power stuff. I may have found my calling in life, because I've already had several serious inquiries (gotta love boo-koo relatives over for dinner) to make a few more.
If anyone out there wants a gift project idea, this is a good one. Its a great weekend project.

Corey Hallagan
11-25-2005, 6:55 PM
Very nice clock indeed David. I love to make clocks as well, very affordable project until you get into the mechanical movements. Nice work David!

Corey

Dick Parr
11-25-2005, 7:00 PM
Great job David, looks great.

Bernie Weishapl
11-25-2005, 7:00 PM
David that is a beautiful clock. I would have never guessed that was pine. I like the finish on it. I love making clocks also but I use almost all mechanical movements in mine. Of course I own and operate a clock repair shop so it makes it easy especially when adjustments are needed.

Ken Shoemaker
11-25-2005, 7:14 PM
David,
Very Nice work.. I too love the finish.... Thanks for the plansnow tip. I think I'll find it and have a look.

Thanks for showing such fine work.

lou sansone
11-25-2005, 10:19 PM
nice looking clock

if you like small clocks take a look at some of these english bracket clocks from the early to mid 1700's

http://www.marshclocks.co.uk/default.aspx?a=2&b=48

These are some of the finest examples you will ever see. I have been to london and spent hours mesmerized by them. BTW many are in the $20,000.00 and higher range ... they are just works of art.

enjoy lou