PDA

View Full Version : Resawing

Bernie Weishapl
11-25-2005, 6:01 PM
Well got the new bandsaw out and did some resawing this afternoon. I got a log of walnut about 24" high and 18" in diameter. I used the chain saw to get it down to where I could handle it about 12" X 18". When I did the first cut it was checked pretty bad so I cut off the ends and ended up with a 12" X 12" chuck. I went ahead and cut it then. It turned out pretty nice. I can see a lot of veneer for boxes so all is not lost. I still have a 5' X 11" log of walnut to cut so hoping I can get enough from it to make a box. I also got a piece of Locust from the neighbor to see what it looked like. I ask him if I could pay him for a couple of logs and he said no just take a couple of good ones. Anyway here is how it turned out. By the way I was more than pleased with how the DC worked with the BS. It did very well. Hope everyone had a good holiday. I ate to much. By the way the first two are walnut and the second two are locust. Thanks.

Corey Hallagan
11-25-2005, 6:18 PM
Great stuff there Bernie, walnut makes such a cool looking box! Anxius to see how that locust works when you start to work it. It would be great to have a nice Griz bandsaw like that!

Corey