PDA

View Full Version : Any advertising professionals out there

dennis thompson
09-11-2018, 8:56 AM
I was watching a business/stock market show, as I do every morning, and an advertisement came on for The Ninja warriors on Nickelodeon. Its obviously a kids show, why would the advertise on a business show, which seems clearly, not to be their target market?:confused:

Matt Day
09-11-2018, 9:13 AM
Targeting parents maybe?

Jim Becker
09-11-2018, 9:26 AM
...and don't assume that only kids watch "kids' " shows... ;)

mike holden
09-11-2018, 10:49 AM
...and don't assume that only kids watch "kids' " shows... ;)

True Dat!!!!

Jerome Stanek
09-11-2018, 10:57 AM
Do you think maybe kids have to watch what their parents are watching in the morning. It may be a subliminal message to the kids that are in the room

Peter Kelly
09-11-2018, 12:52 PM
I know set top boxes do data collection on your watching habits to determine how broadcast media is priced and programmed for cable at least.

Not sure how finely tuned it always is though.

Phil Mueller
09-11-2018, 5:08 PM
Matt is correct in suggesting many marketers of children’s products will target parents. There is also the ability of advertisers to purchase broadcast time on a “ROS” bases; run of schedule. Average cost per rating point is less expensive because the schedule is spread out among the entire network or station broadcast schedule (knowing, in this example, that parents watch all sorts of programming). While this may result in some less than perfect ad placement, it also provides a percentage of showings on highly targeted/highly rated shows at less cost than if only the highly targeted/high rated shows were purchased. It helps build frequency of message more efficiently.

Media buyers use all sorts of analysis to get the reach and frequency that’s recommended for any given campaign.