PDA

View Full Version : Boy, do I feel foolish

Steve Beadle
11-25-2005, 4:23 PM
I just purchased a TeknaTool SuperNova2 lathe chuck a couple of days ago and was trying to mount the insert to the chuck so I could get to using it. I was convinced that Woodcraft had given me the wrong adapter/insert, because there were no external threads. I talked to one of the salespeople at Woodcraft by phone, and he wondered if there was still a protective rubber sheath over the threads. I said no, I was sure it was just a solid chunk of steel, no rubber anywhere to be seen. So just before I left to swap for a new insert, I checked again for any signs of rubber.

You guessed it! Sure LOOKED like steel, even FELT like steel. At least I saved myself the embarassment of having the Woodcraft guy point it out to me in person, in front of a bunch of other woodworkers!

Andy Hoyt
11-25-2005, 4:29 PM
Umm, what he said

Bob Noles
11-25-2005, 4:31 PM
Steve......
Don't feel fooliish.... you should see some of the things I am going thru and some of the dumb questions I am having to ask as a "complete newbie" to this obsession :eek: :eek: :eek:

Hey.... at least you know what a Super Nova2 chuck is.... I'm still trying to figure that on out when it comes to a mini :o

Carole Valentine
11-25-2005, 4:58 PM
LOL Need your glasses changed, Steve? I have done a few things similar. :)

Scott Loven
11-25-2005, 5:11 PM
Reminds me of the time when I was doing copier repair work. Had a customer ranting and raving about his new copier and why it wouldn't work. I walked in the room and could see that it was unplugged from across the room. I went over and plugged it in, cleaned the glass, and charged him for the service call.
Scott

John Hart
11-26-2005, 9:50 AM
Happens to everyone Steve!:) Not me of course....but to everyone else I'm sure! :D :D :p :p

Chip Sutherland
11-27-2005, 12:25 PM
I'm gonna have to confess to almost making the same mistake. I was just in Woodcraft last week buying mine. I was thinking the same thing until I opened it up and saw the rubber sleeve.