PDA

View Full Version : Yankee Drill

lowell holmes
09-02-2018, 2:36 PM
It's a dreary overcast day in Galveston County, Texas. I was in my garage shop and ran across my Yankee 41Y
push drill. I was able to buy complete set of new unused bits. I have not used it recently, but since it turned up
I'm sure I will. Now if I can find my egg beater drill, all will be well. Harvey displaced many of my tools.

Mark Rainey
09-02-2018, 6:06 PM
I love push drills. I got a copy of the Stanley push drill from Garret Wade. It works well but there is some wiggle in the bit with side pressure. I snapped my finest drill bit.

steven c newman
09-02-2018, 7:44 PM
Have a pair of North Brothers Yankee No. 41s

Frederick Skelly
09-02-2018, 7:45 PM
I got a copy of the Stanley push drill from Garret Wade. It works well but there is some wiggle in the bit with side pressure. I snapped my finest drill bit.

I have that one too, and also broke my finest drill bit!

Dave Zellers
09-02-2018, 8:05 PM
I have it too, purchased probably 40 years ago. My first cordless drill. Carried it in my carpenters apron up on the staging when I was doing exterior house trim to prevent splitting on the ends of boards with the 8d com nails we used.
That was many moons ago. Rarely use it anymore as I have 6-7 Makita cordless drills to choose from. :eek:
But it’s still right there front and center in a side pocket in my tool bag. Seeing it reminds me of my roots and that’s a good thing.

Bill Houghton
09-02-2018, 9:43 PM
Nothing beats a push drill for installing household hardware - blinds, shades, and the like.

Jim Koepke
09-02-2018, 9:46 PM
During my days as a telephone installer my Yankee push drill was used on most jobs.

Now there are a few different versions sitting in a drawer.

jtk

steven c newman
09-03-2018, 7:13 PM
I also have a couple by Millers Falls....No. 100, and No. 188. They use a slightly different type of bit, though.

I do have to stop buying those Yankee Screwdrivers, though.....last count was 10......but that was a while ago....

Bill Houghton
09-03-2018, 8:59 PM
I also have a couple by Millers Falls....No. 100, and No. 188. They use a slightly different type of bit, though.

I do have to stop buying those Yankee Screwdrivers, though.....last count was 10......but that was a while ago....
Just ten???

steven c newman
09-03-2018, 9:09 PM
Been a while since I took "Head Count"....