PDA

View Full Version : The joys of a fresh spoilboard

Mark Bolton
09-02-2018, 1:27 PM
Im trying to find the reward in being self employed, working seven days a week, including holidays, in the minimal highlight of working on a Sunday before Memorial**edit** uh.. labor? all saints? flag?.. whatever tomorrow is** Day (which I will also have to work) but the bit of joy that comes from decking off the spoil board, flipping it, and two 8 thou passes and its dead fresh ready to be torn up all over again.

Simple pleasures.

Jim Becker
09-02-2018, 1:59 PM
Yup...that fresh, "smooth as a baby's posterior" spoilboard is a CNC owner's delight.

Now about that holiday...it's a long way until May, so perhaps you'll accept having to work on Labor Day? :) :D You need to be sure to take some "me time", my friend! Stay healthy. Stay sane. (as much as practical... ;) ) And enjoy life to refresh.

Mark Bolton
09-02-2018, 2:13 PM
My dyslexia applies to everything in life lol. I can never remember which one is the beginning of summer and which is the end so I just toss them out interchangeably lol. Unfortunately there isnt a lot of time to refresh in the grind lol. Im actually taking my first true vacation in probably 10-15 years in a couple weeks. If I dont chew my nails down to the root, then through my fingers and to the knuckles while on it, I will have some hands to work with when I get back. 30 years in this racket and Ive never lost a digit but an actual vacation may cost me all ten of them by the time I get back lol