PDA

View Full Version : Roadmaster Wagons ?

Warren Lake
09-01-2018, 10:41 PM
Ive had wagons for the last 20 years 9 years on this 92 that came from South Carolina, he seemed to forget it really came from Iowa. Its been an excellent car. Kids turn at stop lights and talk to each other trying to figure out if it is some type of low school bus and then usually there is some laughter.

Ive figured out suspension and tire combo that have made it a lot nicer and and found an outstanding trans rebuilder no comparison to how it was built by a proper US shop no offence there. I need some front end parts cause of recent damage, its white with the wood grain same colour means not having to paint it. So looking for some fashion of these cars one I can use the front parts for this then another better one this one likely demoted to the winter car which is knows well. I always told myself i you have a really good car it should not see winter. I missed a 92 that was daily driven with a 94 parts car both cars from one guy last monday. It didnt solve being a better one but would ahve taken care of the 92 plus the seats were immaculate so change them out this one with 242,000 miles and the leather in the 92's was upgraded in 93

If anyone knows of these cars or their Grandma has one in the garage and has just stopped driving cause she is 95 please PM me. im looking for some parts for this one, ive rust proofed it heavy with fulid film for 9 years and its stood up to the Canadian winters very well. I want to do parts on this and purchase another of with a two package interested in 92, 93 95 or 96. 94 the Opti spark was more primitive. They dropped that motor cause of it being a pain. When I got this one a friend talked me into the 92 as its a simpler motor. Its been very reliable and simple to work on.

I figured Id ask as you guys are a big country ive driven some of it and its beautiful. Figure Chevy Chase is well off enough now that he has moved on to at least a Mercedes Stationwagon. Ive tried to trade my car with my friends mom who has a Mercedes wagon, I tell her it holds a lot more but so far haven't convinced her.

thanks for reading,

w

Ronald Blue
09-01-2018, 11:09 PM
peoria.craigslist.org/cto/d/1994-buick-roadmaster/6676335009.html
desmoines.craigslist.org/cto/d/94-buick-roadmaster-estate/6649376774.html

No knowledge of these. Just food for thought.

Warren Lake
09-01-2018, 11:17 PM
been on most thanks though not sure how the searches all work stuff looked around for yesterday was different than the last time made sense to post here. both those are 94 which I will likely skip

Ole Anderson
09-02-2018, 10:03 AM
Did they ever make a car wider than one of those road locomotives?
https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ-uPQ-SjHWSNAwsfraPuO31LzMthyKrzxt0GMWZMH7Al5NKdhx

Ed Labadie
09-02-2018, 11:23 PM
Had a 4 door version as a company car back in the day..that thing wallered around like a shrit spreader in the mud.

People would use it once.....then drive their own car.

Ed

Warren Lake
09-03-2018, 3:58 PM
then who ever owned it didnt know didlly about them or maintain it. I have done very minor changes right suspension coils and tires tie rod ends center link minor stuff. I have friends in it or drive it and always the same comments it rides smoother and quieter than their car and it handles very well not harsh on bumps like their Mercedes or Corvette. On winding roads its great and I get 25 MPG on canadian gallons when its warm weather consistently and can pull a 16 foot car trailer. I got pissed at a Range Rover tailgating me very close for a while so when the highway ramp came I embarrassed him when his 100k plus look at me box could not keep up thats pretty sad when 26 year old car can out perform the latest flashy thing. Lots to be said for a low center of gravity. Few days ago friend with a Land Rollover as he calls it calls to tell me endless problems, cant keep it good enough for long to sell it, new motor, key problem cant get in, emergency brake problem and and. I have 20 years on these cars so I know what they can do.

Tom M King
09-03-2018, 4:35 PM
Anytime we went to a horse show, regardless of whose rig we went in, they always wanted me to drive. Once, when our Daughter was young, and going with a friend, I drove their Roadmaster (fairly new), pulling two horses in a bumperpull trailer, with both Mothers, and the two little girls in the wagon-other Mother, and two 8 year old girls in the back seat. I was surprised that it did okay, but not like pulling a gooseneck with a dually. Not many cars will pull a horse trailer, at least not over here.

Warren Lake
09-03-2018, 5:04 PM
thanks Tom never tried the big leagues. As long as that had a tow package which it would have its at least 5,000 towing capacity ive read 5,500 and other stuf not clear. The biggest thing is load equalizers the different with them is massive. I will not even tow without them. Car becomes a kite with a tail with the 16 foot trailer. To be fair mine with no tow package and the 80 less HP is underpowered on hills.

thats a whole step up the goose neck never had a chance to try the big leagues, car that can be a truck works well for me. The old guy wanted to give me his Equinox 2016, I drove it for four months while he was in hospital to see him all the time. Car blew it away many times over, hard for me to get used the car again after that but its forgotten now. I realize in 92 the car cost what the Equinox costs now. So clearly it was expensive for the time. Still original stainless exhaust with high miles on it stuff like that makes me happy especially when friends with pretty new stuff tell me repair costs or even horror stories. It all just translates to more shapers and jointers and dovetail machines and bandsaws and and and with money saved and it also tows them all home.