PDA

View Full Version : Sliding table on bandsaw?

Rick Potter
08-31-2018, 1:00 PM
I have an Agazzani 24" band saw. No miter gauge, but it has a slot for one, but it is only about 1/8" deep by about an inch wide. I miss having it, and have come up with the following work arounds.

1: Simple sled with a bottom rail that references off the side of the table. May have to make some sort of 'keeper' on the side to keep it from drifting.

2: Sled with a miter bar inset into a dado in the sled that only hangs down the 1/8". This doesn't seem very stable and might slip out in use?

3: Install a Jessem sliding table that I am going to take off of my Unisaw anyway. Seems like overkill, and I am not sure it can be installed backward on the saw. Right side/left side. Not sure if I want it on there all the time either. It would probably be in the way mostly.

Other ideas, suggestions, comments welcome.

Mike Wilkins
08-31-2018, 1:18 PM
Laguna Tools had a bandsaw slider at one time; not sure if they still offer it. Give them a ring and see if they still have it or one in a dark warehouse corner.

Charlie Hinton
08-31-2018, 2:00 PM
http://stockroomsupply.ca/shop/little-ripper-and-round-ripper/the-little-ripper.html
It ain't cheap, but depending on what you want to do it might be the ticket.

Peter Christensen
08-31-2018, 2:08 PM
Buy a regular mitre gauge and replace the 3/4” bar with a 1” x 1/8” bar. It should work just as well. You only need to be a bit more careful so it doesn’t bend. I had a Mikita resaw that came with a little mitre gauge that was only 2mm (.080”) thick. It never slipped out of the groove.

Tom M King
08-31-2018, 2:44 PM
I made a simple one using T-tracks, with the base bolted to the table, for making Cypress shingles. It worked good enough that a good one for resawing would be nice to have, but I'd look into comparing the cost of a feeder before buying one, if a feeder will handle what you're thinking about cutting. A feeder wouldn't work for the way we made those shingles-cut lengthwise.