PDA

View Full Version : A Romantic Interlude!

Dale Thompson
11-24-2005, 7:00 PM
Hi Folks,
My family had a wonderful and Happy Thanksgiving! :) I hope and pray that yours did also! :)

After the crazy Norwegians who are my relatives left, my wife and I sat down in front of the warmth of the fire in the fireplace. We watched the stars glisten off the newly-frozen ice on the river, listened to the screech of our Bald Headed Eagle neighbors as they perfected their Winter home about 100' from our house, reflected on the pride that we held for our children and grandchildren and discussed our incredible good fortune and all of the simple things that we could be thankful for. :)

My wife even looked up at me and told me that I was a "Model" husband. :)
That was a wonderful compliment until I recalled the classic definition of a "Model". A "Model" is a miniature version of the REAL thing! OH WELL! That's the story of my life and that's the story of my GREAT Thanksgiving.

Give thanks, my friends, and please continue to help me to achieve my goal as a "Model" woodworker! ;) :)

Dale T.

John Miliunas
11-24-2005, 7:50 PM
Ahhhh, Pesh! What a truly touching bit of dialogue! Thanks for sharing that with us.:) BUT, I'm still having a hard time putting together the "Romantic Interlude" part with that guy's mug in the sunglasses!:eek: :D :cool:

Dale Thompson
11-24-2005, 8:21 PM
Ahhhh, Pesh! What a truly touching bit of dialogue! Thanks for sharing that with us.:) BUT, I'm still having a hard time putting together the "Romantic Interlude" part with that guy's mug in the sunglasses!:eek: :D :cool:

Dear Sir (Moderator) Spring,
I can't answer this post. I TOLD you that I was transferring to a Septic System Pumping Forum if I had to call you "Sir"! So be it, Sir. :)

I now am poised above a VERY large tank. The Methane odor is intoxicating. ;) As a last spectacular farewell, I do a PERFECT triple-flip, two and one-half twist with a perfect splash-less entry. :cool: :)

Guess who gets the sunglasses of the deceased? ;)

Dale T.

John Miliunas
11-24-2005, 8:47 PM
I now am poised above a VERY large tank. The Methane odor is intoxicating. ;)
Guess who gets the sunglasses of the deceased? ;)

Dale T.

Hey Pesh, you gotta' light?:D So, you gonna' donate the shades to the Smithsonian or what?:confused: :) :cool:

Andy Hoyt
11-24-2005, 11:29 PM
Here ya go, John.

John Miliunas
11-24-2005, 11:32 PM
Here ya go, John.

Between you and Loy, I don't know who is worse! You guys are killin' me over here!!!:D BTW, I like gold rimmed ones better!:) :cool:

Andy Hoyt
11-24-2005, 11:42 PM
BTW, I like gold rimmed ones better!:) :cool:

Anything for our new mod.

Dan Larson
11-25-2005, 12:13 AM
Anything for our new mod.

Cute sunglasses-- you're starting to look like the Elton John of woodworking.:eek:

Vaughn McMillan
11-25-2005, 4:43 AM
Cute sunglasses-- you're starting to look like the Elton John of woodworking.:eek: You don't want him to take the Elton John thing too seriously...we ain't seen nothin' yet.

- Vaughn

Ken Fitzgerald
11-25-2005, 7:46 AM
Oh Oh Vaughn! John might use his new "power" as a moderator to take revenge on your revealing his true "nature" with that last photograph!:eek: :rolleyes: :D

Ken Fitzgerald
11-25-2005, 7:48 AM
And by the way....did you notice how slyly Dale suckers John into posting an attack on him and then deverts the attacks and comments to John?

John Miliunas
11-25-2005, 8:00 AM
Yeah, but he lost my sunglasses!!!:rolleyes: Now, here's the real scary part: What's Vaughn doing with photo's like that in the first place????:eek: :confused: :) :cool:

Vaughn McMillan
11-25-2005, 4:28 PM
It's a very private collection, John. (Actually, it's from an e-mail someone sent a long time ago regarding Roy's (of Sigfreid and Roy) replacement. ;) ) The tough part was Photoshopping out all the long blonde hair, lest you think it was originally a pic of me. :eek:

- Vaughn

John Miliunas
11-25-2005, 4:44 PM
It's a very private collection, John. (Actually, it's from an e-mail someone sent a long time ago regarding Roy's (of Sigfreid and Roy) replacement. ;) ) The tough part was Photoshopping out all the long blonde hair, lest you think it was originally a pic of me. :eek:

- Vaughn

You, Loy and Photoshop!:eek: Boys, we better be real careful what we say, post, include as pics and.....Start learning how to use PS!!!:D (Know what they say about "paybacks" now!!!:D ):) :cool:

Kent Cori
11-25-2005, 5:11 PM
Dale, "crazy Norwegians" is redundant. I know, I married one! :D

32 years and counting.

Dennis Peacock
11-25-2005, 5:46 PM
Here ya go, John.

ROFL!!!!! Hey Spring? You don't look half bad in those sunglasses!!!:p :D

John Miliunas
11-25-2005, 5:57 PM
ROFL!!!!! Hey Spring? You don't look half bad in those sunglasses!!!:p :D

Gee, thanks Dennis..............I think!:o :D :cool:

Dale Thompson
11-25-2005, 8:54 PM
And by the way....did you notice how slyly Dale suckers John into posting an attack on him and then deverts the attacks and comments to John?

Ken,
I'm not smart enough to implement actions with that many syllables. :o With that said, however, if I accidentally diverted, "The slings and arrows of outrageous fortune", in the direction of Sir John, I can't think of a more deserving target. ;)

These Moderator guys get the the big corner offices, sit in their 8" cushioned chairs covered with hand-sewn imported leather and depend on their many curvaceous secretaries to serve them cappucino and caviar sandwiches topped with Grey Poupon mustard. They turn on their 10.1 sound-surround systems connected to their 105" Plasma High-Definition television sets and watch others using their custom-designed woodworking machines (In the case of Sir John, it is usually his daughter). ;) In their spare time, they look DOWN at us lowly, hard-working, dust-encapsulated peons and raise havoc with our poor efforts to achieve their exalted status. :(

With regard to the levity that has been generated by my sunglasses, I can say only one thing. I'm sure glad that my avatar did not include my soon-to-be-famous, thong-clad picture. :D It is scheduled for the 2006 centerfold in the "Swimsuit Edition" of Fine Woodworking magazine. :cool: For a special premier, priceless, autographed, collectors-edition, mint-quality, serial-numbered copy of this masterpiece, please forward a certified check for the mere amount of $2000 to the signator below. Your satisfaction is obviously guaranteed. A refund of your wise investment is NOT!! :confused: ;) :)

Dale T.