PDA

View Full Version : table saw help

jeff oldham
08-27-2018, 10:55 PM
at the moment I have a dewalt dwe7491rs table saw and I really like it,,the one thing I don't like is the table top size,,does anyone know of a table saw,,like a hybrid or contractor saw that has the same features as the dewalt 7491,,,

Mike Kees
08-28-2018, 1:13 AM
What exact features are we talking about ? Stuff like a blade that spins,fence and a on/off switch ? :)

jeff oldham
08-28-2018, 9:14 AM
I was actually talking about the blade guard,,how easy it is to remove and put back on,,and the fence system,,it has rack and pinion fence adjustments,,don't know if another saw has these features,,

Dick Mahany
08-28-2018, 9:24 AM
The DWE7491RS really is an excellent saw (in it's class) and a few simple enhancements might give you more satisfaction. Here is an outfeed table that has greatly improved mine. It is very compact to store and assembles and lifts onto the saw in seconds. I also am thinking about an infeed table extension for more convenient use of an Incra type miter bar, but haven't built that yet.

Gary Ragatz
08-28-2018, 10:04 AM
Cool idea! I just got this saw/stand about a week ago and have only had time to set it up (very easy) and make some test cuts - really pleased, so far, and looking forward to doing some serious work with it. I have a couple of Ridgid tilt-top stands that I'm using for outfeed support. They seem to be adequate, at least for the test cuts, but I'll keep this solution in mind if I find I need something more substantial.

Are the circular holes in the supports functional, beyond locking them to the top for storage?

Eduardo Fenili
08-28-2018, 10:46 AM
Many of the Hybrids will have the same if not better fences and many will likely have better safety features than any portable job site saw.

I don't think there is anything wrong with enhancing a jobsite saw if you'd prefer to do that like the users above. If you were already set on upgrading I would look into may end Delta or Grizzly hybrids. I'd make sure you have the space and actual need for the machine first.

jeff oldham
08-28-2018, 12:08 PM
do you have the plans for the outfeed table,,its really nice

Dick Mahany
08-28-2018, 1:15 PM
do you have the plans for the outfeed table,,its really nice

I do have plans PM sent.

Bill Dufour
08-28-2018, 1:41 PM
Do you want a bigger or smaller top? How about blade size.
Bill D.

Lee Schierer
08-28-2018, 3:36 PM
I do have plans PM sent.

Dick, your saw table extension would make a good addition to the shop made tools and jigs forum. You could even upload your plans or give and explanation of the build process.

Dick Mahany
08-28-2018, 4:58 PM
Dick, your saw table extension would make a good addition to the shop made tools and jigs forum. You could even upload your plans or give and explanation of the build process.

Never thought of that. I'll polish it up a bit and do that. Thanks for the suggestion:)

Mike Hilden
08-29-2018, 5:30 PM
I would love to see a set of plans also. I have this saw and I really like it, just getting back into woodworking and have been looking for outfeed tables for mine that don't take up much space. This looks like it fits my needs perfectly! Looking forward to your posting this for everyone.

Jay Knobbe
02-18-2023, 7:49 AM
Are plans available. This looks very well executed!

The DWE7491RS really is an excellent saw (in it's class) and a few simple enhancements might give you more satisfaction. Here is an outfeed table that has greatly improved mine. It is very compact to store and assembles and lifts onto the saw in seconds. I also am thinking about an infeed table extension for more convenient use of an Incra type miter bar, but haven't built that yet.