PDA

View Full Version : Welcome our new Moderator

Keith Outten
11-24-2005, 3:54 PM
I'm running late with this announcement due to my personal schedule and the holidays but I would like to thank John Miliunas for accepting the Turners Forum Moderator position here at SMC. I think everyone here is a personal friend of John's these days so it should be an easy transition for him to go from Member to Staff.

Thanks John for volunteering your time and for your continued support of The Creek.

Mark Singer
11-24-2005, 4:33 PM
Congradulations John....That is great for SMC... Now I have to turn the turkey...bye:cool:

Chris Barton
11-24-2005, 4:34 PM
Congrats John! A great choice by the leadeship!!!

Andy Hoyt
11-24-2005, 5:27 PM
Oh well there goes the neighborhood!

But will he still speak to us lowly members?

(Congrats, John!)

Bob Noles
11-24-2005, 5:29 PM
That was a surprise..... with the number of posts I thought John was already a moderator :p

All kidding aside.... Congrats to John and a position well earned as a highly respected individual on this forum from where I sit.

Now behave yourself and don't let this go to your head John..... everone has a boss :D

John Miliunas
11-24-2005, 5:42 PM
Thanks much, guys! Hey, I couldn't refuse when Keith told me he's paying double what the other moderators get!:D Seriously, I was deeply honored when approached with this task, though with you guys, it's a real easy "job"!:)

Bob, you're right: Everyone's got a boss and, as I see it, I've got almost 6000 of them!:) I can only hope to do right for all of them!:)

Happy Thanksgiving all!:) :cool:

Bart Leetch
11-24-2005, 6:47 PM
Congrats John

I know you have a smile on your face.

Steve Clardy
11-24-2005, 6:51 PM
Oh no. Gotta deal with John is here too?:confused: :confused: :eek: :eek:

Aloha John:D :D

Gotta razz somebody this evening.:D

John Miliunas
11-24-2005, 6:53 PM
OK, Bart!!! I'm trying real, real hard to jog these old gray cells but, CRS has taken over! :eek: Where oh where did you come up with that shot????:confused: Help...I'm confused!!!!:confused: :) :cool:

Lloyd Frisbee
11-24-2005, 6:53 PM
Congratulations for the appointment and my condolences. I just saw the picture of him in that Green Bay jacket. So sorry John.:D

John Miliunas
11-24-2005, 6:55 PM
Thanks Lloyd but, don't be sorry! We still love our Favre and the Pack!:) :cool:

John Miliunas
11-24-2005, 7:17 PM
Oh no. Gotta deal with John is here too? :eek: :eek:

Aloha John:D :D

Gotta razz somebody this evening.:D

Yup, that's right! Hey, your twin doesn't do the spinny thing, does he?:eek: :) :cool:

Bill Stevener
11-24-2005, 7:24 PM
Hay John,
Good for you. I don't know a great deal about this moderating thing, but one thing you can count on, it will never get lonely at the top hear at the Creek. Just the best gang of folks you can moderate with.
Have fun moderatin,
Bill.>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>:)

Jerry Clark
11-24-2005, 7:53 PM
Great John and glad to have you for a "watch dog"-:) - now think of all those new tools that you can buy with the "Double" pay!:cool:

Loy Hawes
11-24-2005, 7:54 PM
John for President!!!

:D

John Miliunas
11-24-2005, 7:57 PM
John for President!!!

:D

Loy, you owe me another new keyboard!!!!:D Jeeeeeez...I got tears in my eyes, fer cryin' out loud!:rolleyes: You're good, man. You're REAL good!!!:D :cool:

Bruce Shiverdecker
11-24-2005, 7:57 PM
I'll add my congrats. too!

Bruce

Loy Hawes
11-24-2005, 8:01 PM
Loy, you owe me another new keyboard!!!!:D Jeeeeeez...I got tears in my eyes, fer cryin' out loud!:rolleyes: You're good, man. You're REAL good!!!:D :cool:

lol,
err..,uhh...add it to my tab John!

David Fried
11-24-2005, 8:16 PM
John Miliunas as moderator? I think we just put the fox in charge of the chicken coop! Cool. This ought to be a great forum. Congrats John.

Does pesch have a spinny thingy?

Andy Hoyt
11-24-2005, 8:24 PM
....Does pesch have a spinny thingy?

Answer 1 -- Yup, it's that propeller epoxied to his cranium.

Answer 2 -- The TOS specifically prohibits postings of this nature.

Answer 3 -- Yes, it produces massive quantities of kindling.

Bart Leetch
11-24-2005, 8:26 PM
OK, Bart!!! I'm trying real, real hard to jog these old gray cells but, CRS has taken over! :eek: Where oh where did you come up with that shot????:confused: Help...I'm confused!!!!:confused: :) :cool:

:D eek: Ha Ha got ya John.:D

Have you figured it out yet???:eek:
Maybe this will jog your little gray cells.

Yes folks its green on green or farmer John on green which ever you prefer...

http://www.sawmillcreek.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=14216&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1129058305

Ha I knew it would help.:)

Travis Stinson
11-24-2005, 8:34 PM
Congrats John! We promise to be good.;)

John Miliunas
11-24-2005, 8:42 PM
:D eek: Ha Ha got ya John.:D

Have you figured it out yet???:eek:
Maybe this will jog your little gray cells.

Yes folks its green on green or farmer John on green which ever you prefer...

http://www.sawmillcreek.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=14216&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1129058305

Ha I knew it would help.:)

You sure did got me on that one, Bart! If I'm not mistaken, that was on the trip my buddy Karl and I made to a wood "candy store" up in Adams Friendship!:) Sheeesh...How you keep coming up with these rogue posts and pics is beyond me but, thanks for the memories!:D :cool:

Steve Ash
11-24-2005, 8:43 PM
Good choice Keith, John will make a great addition to your moderating staff.....and being a cheesehead packer fan helps.

Congratulations John, big job...big responsibilities.;)

Jim Ketron
11-24-2005, 9:14 PM
Congrats John! glad you got the position:)

Joe Mioux
11-24-2005, 9:55 PM
John, Congratulations on your highly deserved and lofty promotion to moderator. Do you have the same pay grade as the rest?

JOe

John Miliunas
11-24-2005, 10:10 PM
John,
Do you have the same pay grade as the rest?

JOe
Nope!:D I was able to negotiate TWICE the pay of the other moderators, only 'cuz the turners are such an unruly bunch!:D :D Seriously, thanks to all for the well wishes! Heck, as far as I'm concerned, SMC hardly needs any "formal" moderators as the whole community does a pretty knock-em-up job of that all on their own!:) :cool:

Bruce Page
11-24-2005, 10:20 PM
Congrats John! This should keep you off the streets...:rolleyes:

Bart Leetch
11-24-2005, 11:09 PM
Good choice Keith, John will make a great addition to your moderating staff.....and being a cheesehead packer fan helps.

Congratulations John, big job...big responsibilities.;)

Ooooh its sooo confusing here I thought he was a packhead cheese fan.:eek: :D

John Hart
11-25-2005, 12:30 AM
Totally cool John!!!! I just got in and this is the first thing I saw. Congratulations!!! I promise to be good too.:D

Don Baer
11-25-2005, 1:54 AM
Congrats John,
I promise to make you job as miserable as I can....:D

Dick Parr
11-25-2005, 2:23 AM
Congrats John, but I thought you only did Scroll work.:confused: Seriously, Keith couldn't have asked a nicer person.;)

Vaughn McMillan
11-25-2005, 2:33 AM
Congrats John, and my deepest condolences to the rest of you lathe guys. :p ;)

- Vaughn

John Miliunas
11-25-2005, 7:32 AM
Congrats John, and my deepest condolences to the rest of you lathe guys. :p ;)

- Vaughn

Now, now....A) We make "boxes" here, too! They just happen to be round! B) Keith made me promise to keep the whip in its case! (Strict orders to only bring it out when non-turners show up!!!:D :D :D )

Thanks again, guys!:) :cool:

John Shuk
11-25-2005, 8:45 AM
Welcome and thanks for taking the job John! We need someone to keep us in line around here.

Dennis Peacock
11-25-2005, 9:06 AM
Well John M......<B>Congrats Buddy!!!!</B> Very good of you on your part. Nothing like expanding your list of "bosses" to pay attention to, eh? ;) :D

John Miliunas
11-25-2005, 9:11 AM
Well John M......Congrats Buddy!!!! Very good of you on your part. Nothing like expanding your list of "bosses" to pay attention to, eh? ;) :D

LOL! :D Yup, got that! Only have about 80 of them at work so, I figured I wasn't carrying my load yet!:D This one's a pretty easy "job" although, it's a tough crowd out there!:D "Job", in this case, is a relative term anyway. I love SMC and the people out here, so it's really not "work". Hey, sounding like Mark S. now!!!:) :cool:

Ed Scolforo
11-25-2005, 9:57 AM
Let me add my congrats, John!

David Wilson
11-25-2005, 10:03 AM
Congrats John
Live long and prosper

Tyler Howell
11-25-2005, 11:04 AM
I knew him when!!!!!:o

Congrats John.

John Miliunas
11-25-2005, 11:25 AM
I knew him when!!!!!:o ....You used to stop by on your trips "through town"!!! Ahhhhhh yes, them were the days....:D Thanks Tyler! Means a lot coming from the Captain of our Picture Police!:) :cool:

Lee DeRaud
11-25-2005, 2:32 PM
I love SMC and the people out here, so it's really not "work". Hey, sounding like Mark S. now!!!:) :cool:Now you just have to remember how to spell "schlamaca".:p

John Miliunas
11-25-2005, 2:37 PM
Now you just have to remember how to spell "schlamaca".:p

LOL!:D I'll have Mark make me one of his famous airport signs!!!:D :) :cool:

Steve Clardy
11-25-2005, 5:31 PM
Yup, that's right! Hey, your twin doesn't do the spinny thing, does he?:eek: :) :cool:

Don't think He does John.
Maybe Brother Chris won't be in your hair here:eek: :D :rolleyes: :eek: :D

John Bailey
11-25-2005, 9:42 PM
Tough luck John. Sorry to hear of the demotion. Think of it as an opportunity to work your way back to "member" and better yourself.

John

Ernie Nyvall
11-25-2005, 10:21 PM
Welcome and thanks for taking the job John! We need someone to keep us in line around here.

But, but, who's going to keep John in line.:D Don't guess that could be done though.

Congratulations John!!!

Ernie