PDA

View Full Version : Creeker's Past Week's Accomplishments

Dennis Peacock
08-26-2018, 11:35 PM
27 Aug 2018

Greetings,
This past week I was able to get some things done at the day job as well as get some necessary yard and garden work done around the house. I now have one bay in my shop cleaned up and better organized and I'm planning on working on another bay in the next couple of weeks. I've been working on revamping house plan drawings for my daughter and Son-In-Law so they can go talk to the bank about a construction loan to build them a place of their own and stop paying rent to an apartment complex. We'll see how this goes. I bought a used electric smoker ($70) that was used twice and then the lady didn't want it any longer because she just didn't have time to tinker with it. I've always wanted a smoker to slow cook meat with and I'm anxious to try it out. The LOML and I are still working on paying off debt and making good progress so far. If all goes as planned, we'll have another debt paid off by the end of next month (Sept).

That's it for me, so what did YOU do this past week?

Best of weeks to you all.

Jacob Mac
08-26-2018, 11:43 PM
I finished building a taboret for my wife. Going to start finishing it tomorrow or Tuesday. Learned a lot about working in a non-climate controlled shop. Pretty frustrating project tbh, just one of those projects where everything goes wrong. Even things you couldn't imagine how they could go wrong went wrong.

Oh well, I will do better next time.

John K Jordan
08-27-2018, 8:48 AM
Garden, bees/honey, prep for woodturning demo this week.

And a new lathe student! I've known Rebecca since she was 6 years old.

This is her first time at a lathe, the skew chisel is always the first tool for a beginner. She practiced a bit then made a garden dibble for her mother.
Sorry, the bright lights are a bit harsh for a cell phone photo.

JKJ

Jim Becker
08-27-2018, 8:54 AM
It was a "this and that" week...the usual lawn mowing, shopping and other activities as well as some shop time working on some new techniques/prototypes. I also visited with another 'Creeker to discuss a potential collaborative bit of work. This week I'm working on the planning process for a new larger project as well as checking in on my mother for a couple of days.

Derek Cohen
08-27-2018, 9:39 AM
There is one last panel in the kitchen to complete. I began milling up the Hard Maple for this ...

https://s19.postimg.cc/hhwi7a33n/kitchen-panels.jpg

Also, my son, Jamie, and his lovely girlfriend moved to Sydney 6 weeks ago. It is all very exciting for them - new jobs, exciting city, and they have managed to luck into a great apartment with views of the harbour. Lynndy and I are going to visit them at the end of next month. Jamie has given me a list of furniture they need, and I thought I would begin by building a coffee table ... and taking it along on the plane. That will be a nice surprise! :)

https://s19.postimg.cc/qlz21pnar/11a.jpg

Regards from Perth

Derek

Howard Pollack
08-27-2018, 10:02 AM
That is a lovely gift to your son. I always appreciate a generous Dad.
-Howard

Jerome Sidley
08-27-2018, 6:05 PM
Took Saturday to mow the lawn and have the neighbors over for a garden party. Sunday I built 32 feet of lumber racks on two walls to organize 5000bf of lumber that was in one stack since the move 3 years ago.