PDA

View Full Version : Leigh D4R Pro...New Version Coming?

Derek Arita
08-26-2018, 3:32 PM
I'm considering getting one of these and just want to make sure that there's not a new version coming soon. In the past, I've made large purchases, only to find out that a new version was coming in the 6 months. I hate that!

Dick Mahany
08-26-2018, 4:39 PM
I'm considering getting one of these and just want to make sure that there's not a new version coming soon. In the past, I've made large purchases, only to find out that a new version was coming in the 6 months. I hate that!

And all the time I thought it was only me that this happened to. I have an old D4, before the D4R or Pro, and the differences between it and the current models are relatively minor and in fact my old one can be upgraded quite easily to nearly the same as current models. It is hard to imagine a significant change coming to the current design, but the folks at Leigh are very helpful and might be able to provide guidance with a phone call. Good luck.

Ben Rivel
08-27-2018, 11:51 AM
I doubt there is, but how would we know? Usually companies keep that under their hat until its time to release specifically to not hurt sales on current models.

Derek Arita
08-27-2018, 12:52 PM
I doubt there is, but how would we know? Usually companies keep that under their hat until its time to release specifically to not hurt sales on current models.
I think some of the folk here are very connected in various ways. I know in the past, we here have been able to get some inside, insight.