PDA

View Full Version : A Holiday Wreath...

Doug Evans
06-30-2003, 7:03 PM
As a theraeutic exercise, I asked Ben to clean up a damaged blackwood chariot the other day... I came in to find our "one-hander" taking wafers and creating this little decoratie piece...

No macrame for this lad!

Regards,

Doug

Ben Knebel
07-01-2003, 10:09 AM
In the picture there's actually another wood that got planed as well. Mixed in with the Brazilian Rosewood shavings are some cocobolo shavings--hard to tell the differance and also why we use coco as the infill wood of choice today--very close to the traditional rosewood.. Given that there are no new Brazilian rosewoods available it's nice to have a good substitute.
BTW---we don't show the hunks of wood but the surfaces are glassy--I used the chariot as a smoother and the results were spectacular.
Regards
Ben

Roger Myers
07-01-2003, 10:43 AM
Thinking that if it's truly a Christmas wreath, then there should be some holly in the picture as well..... :)

Doug Evans
07-01-2003, 11:45 PM
We're making up a custom box of those carving chisels again with the holly panels.

The wreath was for our American cousins July Holiday coming up - we were feeling somewhat festive.

Then the mail came in with some orders and we got way out there beyond festive but, that's another story...

Regards,

Doug