PDA

View Full Version : Trouble with attempt to make ebay purchase

Mel Fulks
08-23-2018, 2:01 PM
I found a good deal on Ebay ,BIN. Line "got stuck" and would not go. Fortunately my wife was able to complete the purchase on hers. What was going on with my attempt?

Grant Wilkinson
08-23-2018, 5:18 PM
I'm sure that I and others here can offer some advice, but we'll need much more information. You say it "got stuck", what do you mean? You clicked on the buy it now button and nothing happened? Did your PC freeze at that point? What browser are you using? Is your wife using the same browser? Is she on the same PC? If the item is still available, post a link.

Mel Fulks
08-23-2018, 6:02 PM
Grant, I'm grateful for your help. The blue line that goes across the screen at the top moved a little and then
just stopped. I was afraid I would lose a good deal if I started over. I don't want to go through another close loss of a good deal.

Tom M King
08-23-2018, 7:33 PM
I've had that happen a couple of times. If I'm remembering correctly (been a good while), it was some sort of problem on ebay's end one time, and the other was the seller was disallowed from selling there somewhere in the middle of me trying to buy what they were offering.

Matt Day
08-23-2018, 9:20 PM
Could be outdated software on your end.

Grant Wilkinson
08-24-2018, 8:11 AM
@Mel
Understood. What browser are you using? Is your wife using the same browser? Ebay can run afoul of some privacy and security settings in some browsers. That's why I'm asking.

Jim Koepke
08-24-2018, 2:22 PM
Of my three browsers, only two are trusted with ebay and only one of them for posting items.

jtk