PDA

View Full Version : Black Friday,, are you doing it?

Doug Jones
11-24-2005, 10:21 AM
How many of you are actually going to go out Friday morning to get the early in store deals? I did that once three years ago,,, never again.

Tyler Howell
11-24-2005, 10:31 AM
No way in holy heven!

Lee DeRaud
11-24-2005, 10:57 AM
The Borg wouldn't be as bad as someplace with a real feeding frenzy (do they have Fry's where you live?), but still...

Jeff Foxworthy has a line about slamming certain tender body parts in a patio door...yeah, I'd rather do that than shop on Friday after T'Day, much less painful in the long run.:eek:

Tony Falotico
11-24-2005, 11:00 AM
Don't be a looking fer me.......... I WILL NOT be there!! :eek: :eek:

Dennis Peacock
11-24-2005, 11:14 AM
Nope,

I ain't that crazy and there's not a single thing that I need so bad that would require me to fight the traffic, parking, people fist fighting over various items and such.....In reality? They could do this at any time and get the same results.........I just wait until after New Years and get the same or better deals without all the fuss.:D

Jim O'Dell
11-24-2005, 11:43 AM
I've never had the desire to get into that mess from a shopping standpoint. I had enough af it when I was having to work in retail selling home and car audio. It's just one big drag. Ruined me from enjoing Christmas for many years. Jim.

Jerry Olexa
11-24-2005, 11:49 AM
NO.....Unless there's a really good deal on....

Dave Anderson NH
11-24-2005, 3:38 PM
Not a chance Doug. I might be a little of the odd side, but I'm definately not crazy. Traffic, crowds, noise, and aggravation are not things I willingly subject myself to. Just keep in the back of your mind that the prices drop on Christmas eve anyway.:rolleyes: :D

Tony Falotico
11-24-2005, 5:11 PM
Just keep in the back of your mind that the prices drop on Christmas eve anyway.:rolleyes: :D

A very long time ago, far far away, when VHS was in it's childhood (yes, A very long time ago), my sister bought her family a VHS recorder / player for Christmas, for about $325 dollars. A few days AFTER New Years Day, I bought my family the exact same player, from the exact same store for $179.00. Needless to say, my sister (who is the world's largest tight-wad to begin with :rolleyes: ) was somewhat upset !! :D :D

Moral of the story ....... January is soon enough for me !!

Rob Russell
11-24-2005, 10:32 PM
I've gone out for the last few years. An Ocean State Job Lot near us has had quarts of maple syrup for $5 each, and we go through a fair amount each winter during pancake and french toast season.

So far, I haven't seen much that will make me want to go out into the frenzy. One thing I've been able to do is get out for just the really early-bird stuff and get back in before it gets too crazy.

Andy Hoyt
11-24-2005, 11:17 PM
Speaking on behalf of all those folks born between Thanksgiving and Christmas; I'd like to take this opportunity to remind all those born between Christmas and Thanksgiving that there's another gift purchasing opportunity that should not be overlooked.

Dennis Peacock
11-25-2005, 8:57 AM
Speaking on behalf of all those folks born between Thanksgiving and Christmas; I'd like to take this opportunity to remind all those born between Christmas and Thanksgiving that there's another gift purchasing opportunity that should not be overlooked.

Uh-h-h-h-h-h, Sales between Thanksgiving and Christmas?:confused: :rolleyes: :D

Ken Fitzgerald
11-25-2005, 9:02 AM
Because of the risk of insulting some members of SMC of the opposite gender, I won't make the comment I'd like to but............:eek: :rolleyes: :p

My wife got out of the hospital Wednesday evening at approximately 4:00 pm..........She left on the her Black Friday shopping spree at 0400 this morning......:confused:

I won't go shopping on Black Friday in this life time......

John Hart
11-25-2005, 9:38 AM
I'm sitting here in my easy chair on Black Friday morning, enjoying my coffee, next to the fire, sun's shining, it's snowing.....Look at all the money I'm saving!!:)

Andy Hoyt
11-25-2005, 9:53 AM
I'm sitting here in my easy chair on Black Friday morning, enjoying my coffee, next to the fire, sun's shining, it's snowing.....Look at all the money I'm saving!!:)

And you COULD be down in the cage turning. What a waste, such a shame:D

tod evans
11-25-2005, 11:16 AM
christmas shopping is done on december 24th

Doug Jones
11-25-2005, 11:24 AM
christmas shopping is done on december 24th
Spoken like a true man.

Tim Morton
11-25-2005, 11:42 AM
I am doing all my black friday shopping the same as I do most of my shopping....in my jammies behind my computer...click click click!!!:D :D :D

The wife and youngest daughter are heading out now to fight the crowds...:confused: :confused: :confused:

Fred Dorn
11-26-2005, 12:32 AM
No...I'll be working it :(

John Bailey
11-26-2005, 5:58 AM
I've got a foot of fresh snow, my 1/4 mi. driveway has not been plowed, I've got a fire in the woodburner, I'm 30 mi. from the nearest store, I've got cross country skis, a pile of 8 ft. logs that need to be cut into firewood, I've got a shop with a bunch of insulation to be installed.... In short, I'm in Heaven, why would I want to go to hell?

John

Frank Hagan
11-26-2005, 2:29 PM
We drove by the Camarillo Premium Outlet Center, an array of shops purported to be "outlets" for manufacturers for their "overstock" items, on our way to visit family who couldn't make it to our Thanksgiving dinner. In reality, these outlet retailers are simply another store, with prices to match. But people love them.

Anyway, we noticed that the streets around the place were jammed, and they had opened up a huge auxilliary parking lot in a field with shuttle busses. On the radio, we heard they opened the outlet center shops at 12:01 AM and were going to keep them open for 24 hours until midnight on Friday. On our way back home, around 6 pm, we again passed the Camarillo Premium Outlet Center, and it was as crowded as ever.

There is no way you're getting me into a store this weekend, unless the toilet breaks. Otherwise, the next two days are going to be spent in the shop trying to get the cradle done for the rapidly approaching deadline of my first grandson's birth ... due on Christmas day.