PDA

View Full Version : Hammer Shaper fence owners - what is this knob for?

Dan Friedrichs
08-19-2018, 2:12 PM
I can't figure out what this knob is supposed to do. Seems to spin a captive threaded rod through a brass piece inside, but doesn't seem like that brass piece is connected to anything?

Bob Varney
08-19-2018, 2:22 PM
Just a guess but it should shift indeed side front to back. micro adjust

Bob

Dan Friedrichs
08-19-2018, 3:22 PM
Bob, that's what I thought, but it doesn't seem to...

Rod Sheridan
08-19-2018, 3:48 PM
Hi, I believe it allows fine adjustment of the entire fence forward/rearward?

loosen the two vertical hold down bolts, lock the right hand side bolt then use the rear right hand knob to move the fence back/forward?

Regards, Rod.

johnny means
08-19-2018, 4:00 PM
Seems like something is damaged or missing. Should be the other for/aft micro-adjust. I've seen these damaged often by forgetting to loosen the lock before adjusting.

Dan Friedrichs
08-19-2018, 4:18 PM
Hi, I believe it allows fine adjustment of the entire fence forward/rearward?

loosen the two vertical hold down bolts, lock the right hand side bolt then use the rear right hand knob to move the fence back/forward?

Regards, Rod.

That's it! I had misunderstood the right side knob - it's not to lock the back/forward of the entire fence, it's to engage the fence with this microadjuster.

So it's just as you said, Rod - loosen the vertical hold downs, tighten the right side knob, then turn the right rear knob to move entire fence back/forward.

Thanks! I would have never figured this out :)

Rod Sheridan
08-20-2018, 7:49 AM
That's it! I had misunderstood the right side knob - it's not to lock the back/forward of the entire fence, it's to engage the fence with this microadjuster.

So it's just as you said, Rod - loosen the vertical hold downs, tighten the right side knob, then turn the right rear knob to move entire fence back/forward.

Thanks! I would have never figured this out :)

Glad I could be of help, those things aren't intuitive..............Rod.