PDA

View Full Version : No Email Notification

John Hart
11-24-2005, 8:44 AM
Last night, I suddenly lost email notification to subscribed threads. Still isn't working this morning. However, I recieve email just fine otherwise so it can't be my ISP or email package. I checked my CP and all my settings seem correct and the address is correct. Anyone else having this problem?

Andy Hoyt
11-24-2005, 8:56 AM
Yup. Me too. I checked all I could think of and all seems to be in order.

Charlie Plesums
11-24-2005, 8:59 AM
Me too. I lost it about the time of the move from HRO, although I don't know if the two events were exactly the same time.

The real mystery is that I occasionally receive a notice - maybe once every 3-4 days - so the address and mail program must be ok.

John Miliunas
11-24-2005, 9:45 AM
Ditto for me, John. I just checked a couple of the threads I replied to and there have been subsequent replies, but no email notification. Also, double-checked my options and all is good there.:confused: Mark Singer dropped me a line real, real early this morning, which I just checked out saying that he wasn't accessing SMC. Sounds like there may have been a hiccup and something may need to be reset.:) :cool:

Aaron Koehl
11-24-2005, 11:19 AM
I was running some configuration changes real early this morning specific to the mail server, and yes, Mark Singer was one of the first people back online ;) .

You should now be getting emails..

John Miliunas
11-24-2005, 11:25 AM
Thanks, Aaron! You're "Johnny on the Spot"! :D Have a great Turkey Day! (BUT, be sure to leave room for the "Big Bash"!:D ):) :cool:

John Hart
11-24-2005, 12:50 PM
Thanks Aaron...I'll have to keep an eye out. I still have no notifications as of this hour. I'll recheck my settings.

John Miliunas
11-24-2005, 1:01 PM
Likewise, John! I've confirmed against posts I've made recently and nothing yet. I did drop Aaron another PM but, being that today is what today is, it may be a while before he sees it or is able to address the issue. Guess we'll just have to check "New Posts" often, instead!:) Could be worse....:D :cool:

John Hart
11-24-2005, 1:05 PM
Yep...I'm not worried about it....Just finished a Redwood Vahhhse and now we're off to dinner.. I'll check later tonight. Happy Thanksgiving!!:) :)

Allen Bookout
11-24-2005, 3:39 PM
No notifications for me either. Also member has not been changed to Contributor.

Dale Thompson
11-24-2005, 5:03 PM
John,
The same thing happened to me about two weeks ago. After some hours on the phone with my 'puter maker and my ISP provider, I checked my User IP on SMC. My email address was totally WRONG! I changed it back and everything has been fine ever since. :)

I think that the main problem is that they made Spring a "Moderator". ;) Something must have made him mad and his "Cheesehead" melted over his eyes and welded his phoney mustache to his upper lip. :cool: He then went berserk with his newly acquired power!! I'm not totally certain that this is the simplest macroscopic evaluation of the problem but I know one thing for sure. Now that I have to call him, "SIR Spring", I KNOW that MY cheesehead is starting to melt, cover my eyes and totally corrupt MY judgement. :rolleyes: :)

Dale T.

Tom Hamilton
11-24-2005, 6:56 PM
Have not seen an email from SMC all day. Maybe the reset button did not take on the mothership. :D

John Miliunas
11-24-2005, 7:14 PM
John,
The same thing happened to me about two weeks ago. After some hours on the phone with my 'puter maker and my ISP provider, I checked my User IP on SMC. My email address was totally WRONG! I changed it back and everything has been fine ever since. :)

Dale T.

Nope, don't think that's it, Dale! This is definitely some setting at the SMC server, probably within the vBulletin app and can only be adjusted by our own Grand Master, Aaron!:) Your problem was (is)...Oh, I won't even go there!:D BTW, you'll note I didn't even bother addressing your second paragraph!:D :D :cool:

Aaron Koehl
11-25-2005, 12:16 AM
Okay, should be a-floodin now.

John Hart
11-25-2005, 9:26 AM
Yep! I'm Rockin' and Rollin' this mornin' :) Thanks Aaron!