PDA

View Full Version : Ryobi BTS15 Table saw

Mad Carpenter
11-24-2005, 7:32 AM
Hello all,
I recieved a ryobi BTS15 table saw as a gift from my father last year and have yet to use it. (Due to extremely limited shop space, I have been using primarily hand tools). The time has come to pull the TS out of my storage facility and try it out. I mainly intend on using the TS to rip stock for a cheval mirror project for my step-daughter.
Has anyone had any experience with this saw? Is there a zero clearance throat plate available? If not, anyone have suggestions on how to make one? I haven't heard that many great things about the saw, but would hate to disapoint Pop by not even using it. Again, its only going to be used for very basic operations.
Any info/suggestions will be appreciated

Regards,

The Mad Carpenter

"It is not I who am crazy... It is I who am mad!"
Ren Hoek

Chris Barton
11-24-2005, 8:08 AM
Dear Mad,

Welcome to SMC! We all post here under our real names so, you may want to change your profile. As to your question, I have found this website to be very interesting and they have a section just about your saw:

http://benchmark.20m.com/tools/BT3100/bt3100index.html

PS: Ren and Stimpy may have been the funniest cartoon series in the history of TV.

scott spencer
11-24-2005, 8:25 AM
It's admirable that you're keeping it to keep peace in the family. Wish I could help you with suggestions. You might get more help from Ryobi.com or BT3Central.com (even though they're specific to the BT-3XXX saws). Good luck!

Mad Carpenter
11-24-2005, 8:56 AM
Thanks for the welcome. I've had that title for so many years, its second nature. I'm working on changing to a proper name.

Best,
Dave S

Mad Carpenter
11-24-2005, 9:04 AM
according to the faq, I am stuck for life with my username. I re-registered and am waiting on my activation email. I will re-post soon

Dave