PDA

View Full Version : Why the new format?

Al Launier
08-15-2018, 8:31 PM
I actually prefer the previous format. Maybe because I got used to it. But, there has to be some economic benefit. Could you enlighten us?

Bryan Lisowski
08-15-2018, 8:39 PM
I view the creek from my iPad and the format looks the same as it always has.

Phil Mueller
08-15-2018, 8:49 PM
Al, sometimes it switches to a mobile view. Scroll to the bottom of the page and click on “full site view” or something like that. It should change back to what you’re used to.

Jim Becker
08-15-2018, 9:14 PM
There is no "new format". You may have inadvertently switched into mobile mode...some have reported that using the Search function sometimes causes this issue. Somewhere on the page will be a link to view the "full site". There are multiple threads about this in the Forum Support area.

Jim
Forum Moderator

Al Launier
08-16-2018, 9:20 AM
YUP! That's what it was. Sorry for not noticing that before. Actually, I wasn't aware of this feature. So now I'm assuming the mobile mode is so I can view this site on my cell phone while waiting for my wife when she does her shopping. Now how good is that!

Jim Becker
08-16-2018, 9:41 AM
Yes, you can use the mobile version when on your wireless phone and it will be a little easier to read. However, it has a lot less functionality. This is one reason for the intended switch to Xenforo from VBulletin...real native device support which VB just doesn't do well and never has.

Chris Padilla
08-16-2018, 10:47 AM
Hahaha...I got caught in this "new format" as well, Al, and I was like, "What the heck?!"

John K Jordan
08-16-2018, 10:51 AM
YUP! That's what it was. Sorry for not noticing that before. Actually, I wasn't aware of this feature. So now I'm assuming the mobile mode is so I can view this site on my cell phone while waiting for my wife when she does her shopping. Now how good is that!

On any device you can switch to the mobile style on purpose with the pull-down list at the bottom left of any page, then switch back with the full site link at the bottom center of any mobile view page.

JKJ

Matt Day
08-16-2018, 12:54 PM
So now I'm assuming the mobile mode is so I can view this site on my cell phone while waiting for my wife when she does her shopping. Now how good is that!

Welcome to 2010 Al!

Al Launier
08-18-2018, 8:38 AM
Time to wake up from your long sleep Matt, it's 2018 headed towards 2019.

Martin Wasner
09-04-2018, 7:22 PM
Al, sometimes it switches to a mobile view. Scroll to the bottom of the page and click on “full site view” or something like that. It should change back to what you’re used to.

Bingo.

I was seeing it in mobile version on my PC for some reason.

Lee Schierer
09-04-2018, 9:24 PM
Bingo.

I was seeing it in mobile version on my PC for some reason.

Check out this sticky: Why has the SMC format changed (https://sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?267444-Why-has-the-SMC-format-changed)