PDA

View Full Version : home bar

Mike Evertsen
06-30-2003, 1:44 PM
I'm in the planning and pricing stage to build a Oak home bar. the size is
42" h x 120" L bar top 16" deep ,,the work area will be 34" h x 24 deep with a 24" wine
rack, and three sets of raised panel doors a bank of drawers will be behind one of the door,, client wants pull out shelves one shelf made to hold the bottles and a dry sink the bar top will be finished with bar top finish the work area will be laminete,,I plan building it in sections to move it easier,
is there any thing I'm missing?

Jamie Buxton
06-30-2003, 4:03 PM
If I were putting a bar that big into my home, I'd take the trouble to plumb the sink for a drain, and I'd add some electrical outlets. The outlets might run a mixer, or maybe eventually a half-height fridge. What good is a bar that can't make ice, or cool beer and sodas?

If the owner won't spring for plumbing, ask him how he's going to get water out of that dry sink? A sponge and a bucket? If he still doesn't budge, at least do him the favor of making the sink so that it can be removed and carried someplace else to dump it.

If the bar is going into a house where there might be teenagers, it might not hurt to have a lock on the door to the booze. I know -- I was one once. <G>