PDA

View Full Version : Where to buy Color core cardstock type of materials

squire strahan
08-09-2018, 12:25 AM
Hey guys! Looking for a color core cardstock or board to
make business cards from. So When engraved on will have different colors etched in. Any help
would be greatly appreciated on where to purchase this type material. Thanks I’m advance.

Jerome Stanek
08-09-2018, 8:03 AM
I use Rowmark that I get from B F plastics

Tony Lenkic
08-09-2018, 9:19 AM
Here is one source.......
chewbarka.com/name-plates-and-business-cards-c-36/business-card-blanks-thick-050-127mm-p-156.html

squire strahan
08-09-2018, 9:44 AM
Thanks guys! Looking for cardstock/paper or paper. Love the idea of metal or plastic but trying to go with a certain look.

John Lifer
08-09-2018, 10:24 AM
Wow, Google is sometimes your friend....
First try. "Laserable Paper"
https://www.trotec-materials.com/laser-materials/paper.html
Good company, and you can find worldwide

Kev Williams
08-09-2018, 1:04 PM
I don't have a lot of experience here, but I have engraved a few 'card stock' type things over the years... Seems to me that since most card stock is simply some form of paper with a printed surface, the laser engraving is going to be a different color than the printed surface, nothing special about it.

If you're looking for different color 'cores', not sure about that...

Matt McCoy
08-10-2018, 11:38 AM
What you're looking for is called color core mat board.

Bill George
08-10-2018, 12:59 PM
What you're looking for is called color core mat board.

But will it cut and engrave on a laser, enquiring minds would like to know. I see Amazon sells it, try and let us know.

john passek
08-10-2018, 3:12 PM
Trotect has a laserable paper they just came out with. I think there are different weights, and colours.
No idea as to cost.

Kev Williams
08-10-2018, 3:52 PM
Just spent part of my lunch break searching this stuff, 'cream' core seems to be the default, and the ONLY other 'variable' core colors I've been able to find are alabaster white, white, and black... Not sure about the black, but the white colors will likely laser to a tan color, pretty much the same color as the OP's pic sample...

Bob Davis - Sturgis SD
08-12-2018, 11:09 AM
We use scraps of picture frame mats to make business cards. And we have an unlimited supply of scraps. But you don’t generally have a choice on the under color, it’s always white. Over time, we’ve found some colors that work pretty well, but most colors don’t work, they absorb too much smoke.

People love these business cards and think they’re made out of thin wood. We get daily requests to do this for other people, but we tell them we would have to charge $2.00 each, so not many takers, lol.

Bob

Kev Williams
08-12-2018, 1:19 PM
...People love these business cards and think they’re made out of thin wood.

Alder veneer makes a nice biz card :)

Bert Kemp
08-16-2018, 8:54 AM
Trotec USA doesn't sell it

Trotect has a laserable paper they just came out with. I think there are different weights, and colours.
No idea as to cost.

Doug Fisher
08-16-2018, 10:57 AM
Trotec USA doesn't sell it

I hope Trotec USA starts to up their game in terms of education materials (e.g. online videos) and selling laserable materials. Trotec Canada and Trotec UK put Trotec USA to shame.

Matt McCoy
08-16-2018, 12:19 PM
It's easy and inexpensive to lay-up your own cardstock.

Lee DeRaud
08-17-2018, 2:36 PM
But will it cut and engrave on a laser, enquiring minds would like to know. I see Amazon sells it, try and let us know.Yes, and you can get it at any store that does framing, e.g. Aaron Brothers, Michaels.
There may be some odd specialty varieties that have a vinyl top layer to get a non-paper (e.g. metallics) look, but I've never encountered that in normal photo mat board.

Steve Middleton
08-18-2018, 8:28 PM
more info?

Amy Shelton
08-29-2018, 9:23 AM
Use posterboard! Walmart sells a black posterboard with a white core. They may have other colors with a different core, but I keep black on hand to test a design before etching on black granite or black anodized aluminum.

Neville Stewart
08-29-2018, 11:43 PM
I make my cards out of matting also. Any framing shop has tons of “middles” for pennies. High speed , low power, two passes, zero smoke.

bob kartman
10-28-2018, 2:26 PM
I use scrapbooking double sided card stock to make business cards. It's available from Michael's or directly from DCWV. Here are a couple links to dcwv. https://www.dcwv.com/product/12-ds-cardstock-stack/
https://www.dcwv.com/product/ppr-pad-12x12-jewel-tone-58sh/
https://www.dcwv.com/product-category/stacks/12-x-12-stacks/

The attached photo uses the jewel tone paper.

LaserBob
Bob Kartman
Laser Innovations Inc.
Fort Wayne, IN

john passek
10-29-2018, 8:51 PM
Doug Fisher Have you looked on youtube, Mike Clarke (Trotec) Doug Green and Roy Brewer have some fantastic tutorials on using coreldraw to create laser files.
All free.

Keith Outten
10-30-2018, 9:02 AM
For business cards try clear cast acrylic. It has the highest wow factor of any business card I have ever made from any other material. People never throw acrylic cards away.

Please consider purchasing your plastics from Johnson Plastics (https://www.johnsonplastics.com), they help keep The Creek online.