PDA

View Full Version : interesting entry on facebook

stan kern
08-08-2018, 11:56 AM
this was posted on facebook , a guy engraved this picture on black marble using corel photo, photograv
he has a 60 watt laser-- settings 14% power speed 150 and san gap 350
I think its excellent

Kev Williams
08-08-2018, 2:14 PM
most of the battle is getting the photo 'fixed' so it'll engrave nicely, which was obviously done right here, very nice!

I keep thinking I should try photograv...

Scott Shepherd
08-08-2018, 2:34 PM
most of the battle is getting the photo 'fixed' so it'll engrave nicely, which was obviously done right here, very nice!

I keep thinking I should try photograv...

Save your money. Rodney Gold posted the way to do it all manually years ago.

True black marble engraving black and white incredibly well.

Paul Phillips
08-08-2018, 3:21 PM
Wow, that's some beautiful work! Reminded me of this thread from a few years back. Joseph, if you're still active on this forum we would love to see some of your more recent work!
https://sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?160081-Some-Recent-Work&highlight=engraving+black+marble

Keith Downing
08-08-2018, 3:37 PM
this was posted on facebook , a guy engraved this picture on black marble using corel photo, photograv
he has a 60 watt laser-- settings 14% power speed 150 and san gap 350
I think its excellent

That does look good. I should probably mention though, and not to start any issues w/ you personally Stan, but you really shouldn't save pictures someone else took of their work and share them without their permission. Just thought I'd point that out since it's not great for you or SMC if they take exception to it.

stan kern
08-08-2018, 5:18 PM
He was sharing this images with people on rdworks and talked about how he did it

stan kern
08-08-2018, 5:59 PM
I never thought anything of it as it looked good , his name is derick close and he is ok with the post

Keith Downing
08-08-2018, 6:28 PM
I never thought anything of it as it looked good , his name is derick close and he is ok with the post

Awesome, glad he's ok with you sharing!

Ray Scott
09-25-2018, 10:49 PM
I dont care what laser you have... and I don’t care who you buy your version of PhotoGrav from. ... It is really worth it. I am not a master at preparing photos for lasering... but PhotoGrav makes it MUCH easier to do. I have tried to use GIMP, MSPaint, Corel, and Adobe Illustrator... PhotoGrav just makes it easy to come out with great results. There are some key concepts that you have to take into consideration while directing PhotoGrav about what you want... and then the magic software just does all the hard work ...I look at the previews to see if the simulations are what I want... Then I use the processed engrave file with the appropriate speed, power, and interval (DPI, scan gap, step-over)..

I feel that it is easier ... and I always get better results with PhotoGrav.