PDA

View Full Version : Custom Made dust collection bucket

Ryan Bodnarchuk
08-08-2018, 11:28 AM
Hi Everyone, I have been a viewer for a long time and thought I would contribute back with some of my builds.

I upgraded my dust collection in the last couple years from a direct shop vac connection on the table saw, to a small Thien Baffle and bucket between that same shop vac and the saw... To this next upgrade. Which is a custom 2 stage dust collection setup that I made from a basic single stange Craftex system.

There is 2 parts to it. First is the bucket itselft, which I made first. Then made the dust separator to fit the bucket exactly. Then maneuvered the entire system into a small closet in the corner of my shop and out of the way.

The efficiency of the dust separator is incredible and I have had no need to clean the filter bag or empty the dust bag from the single stage original configuration. about 99.9 % of all the dust falls into this bucket.

I started to video all my stuff and finally created a youtube video on the build step by step. so far, I just have the bucket video uploaded. I am working on the editing for the dust separator next... I hope to have that ready this week. Not sure I can post links to youtube or not.... I don't want to promote myself here, but only if you want to see the build. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOXvtJgYlCQ

If you have a small shop... the shop vac mini version of this worked amazingly too. I used the shop vac without a filter bag inside and it NEVER got dust in it. the inside looked new. that $5 bucket collected all the dust.

Edit: removed extra thumbnail image.

Bob Vallaster
08-08-2018, 8:40 PM
Nice workmanship. I really admire the full-height sight gage: very clever. Gotta remember that.

BobV

Ryan Bodnarchuk
08-09-2018, 8:20 AM
Thanks. the window really helps when you forget about how fast it can fill up with a planer.

I might actually use the same barrel technique and make some cedar garbage cans for the bathroom or something.