PDA

View Full Version : What's in a name?

Andy Hoyt
11-23-2005, 10:17 AM
Here's something I hope we can have some fun with.

John has his Ugly Stick and Bertha.
Carole has a name for her new Nova, but I don't recall it.
My old lathe was called Loretta, and my new one is called Janine.

So what do you call your sweethearts?

Carole Valentine
11-23-2005, 10:19 AM
My Nova is "Jenny"

Bill Stevener
11-23-2005, 11:01 AM
The newest lathe in our shop is, for another name, called HUFF & PUFF :D 26397
Used during the winter months, it reduces the amount of btu's required to heat the shop:eek: .
The more modern, up to date lathe, is Sweet Thing.
Bill.>>>>>>>>>:)

Rich Stewart
11-23-2005, 12:00 PM
I call mine "My Tool" Everybody knows what I'm talking about when i say "My Tool" My wife always says, "When you going to get your tool out of my dining room?"

Did I mention that my shed finally arrived? Along with some really crappy weather. Cold blowing busy at work. Haven't been able to get it set up. Got my buddy coming Friday to wire it all up. I'll send pics soon.

Dennis Peacock
11-23-2005, 12:11 PM
My PM3520A is know as "Yeller Dawg". The LOML called it that from the day we brough it home and took it out of the crating. So, it's stuck.;) :D

Andy Hoyt
11-23-2005, 12:19 PM
The newest lathe in our shop is, for another name, called HUFF & PUFF :D Used during the winter months, it reduces the amount of btu's required to heat the shop:eek: .
The more modern, up to date lathe, is Sweet Thing.
Bill.>>>>>>>>>:)

Gee Zoo Minny! Looks more like a church organ! Did you build/turn that?

Bill Stevener
11-23-2005, 1:47 PM
Hi Andy,
You can find the story of Huff & Puff under my first thread with SMC. The photo & info. link still works.
Bill.>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>:)

Chris Barton
11-23-2005, 2:35 PM
My big one is "goldie"...

Bruce Shiverdecker
11-23-2005, 8:40 PM
Well...............The original 9' X 10" shop (now production area) is "The Crypt."

My Jet Mini is "The Brute" after handling the four 34" X 4" turned Walnut leg project. Going to hate "retiring" it, but want to get my new Rikoc set up and just don't have room for both.

Bruce

Bill Esposito
11-23-2005, 10:18 PM
My wife calls my shop the "hole" since it's down a flight of stairs into the lowest level of the barn....I'm sure she means it affectionalely and it has nothing to do with the mess. ;)

No names for the tools though except for a few choice ones when they screw up my work.

John Hart
11-23-2005, 10:26 PM
When I go to the shop...I'm going to "My Cage".....But then, I like my cage!!!:D Didn't have any names for my tools until y'all had to see my Ugly Stick!!!:p I do believe I'm on a slippery slope now.

Ernie Nyvall
11-24-2005, 9:26 AM
I do believe I'm on a slippery slope now.

I agree.:D

Don't have any names. I have hard enough time remembering the real names of the things I have.:confused:

Ernie