PDA

View Full Version : Peachtree cast iron router table extension

Ron Hampe
08-06-2018, 2:01 AM
Replacing my Delta sliding table with this on the left side of my unisaw and then attaching the original extension to it. Their combined weight (app. 70lbs) and length (23") requires additional support and I'm debating if I should extend the mobile base and run angle up from it or attach supports directly to the cabinet. This saw has tilt wheel mounted on this side as well.

Any suggestions?

Mike Cutler
08-06-2018, 10:10 AM
Support from the mobile base would be my choice.
Support from the cabinet doesn't negate the "hanging weight", or moment. Start pushing some heavier material, and possibly leaning on it for stability during the process, and that's a not insignificant leverage arm.

Jamie Buxton
08-06-2018, 6:15 PM
Or you could put new longer rails on the saw. That’s what I did to hang that peach tree table on my Unisaw. Not only do you support the extension, but you increase your rip capacity.

Ron Hampe
08-06-2018, 8:03 PM
Thanks. I have a portamate mobile base for it and thinking the easiest way would be to buy another extension for this side and drop a couple of legs straight down. That space may also be a good place to store blades.

tom lucas
08-06-2018, 8:32 PM
did you consider the General/excalibur extension? It has folding support legs. That's what I went with. I like everything about it.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/General-International-Router-Table-Extension-Kit-40-070EK/205414541

Cost a bit more though. Kept me waffling back and forth between it and the peachtree. In the end, I wanted the folding/adjustable legs.

Ron Hampe
08-06-2018, 9:56 PM
Where did you find the longer rail? I cut mine down to 75" to accommodate the sliding table, but with these two extensions on it I would need something close to 96" now.

Ron Hampe
08-06-2018, 11:27 PM
Those are nice but I got a great deal on the used Peachtree table and want to be able to move this saw if needed which is why I think a second portamate mobile base extension would work best. Thankfully Woodpecker still has them on sale.