PDA

View Full Version : Forrest vs Ridge Carbide blades

scott spencer
11-22-2005, 10:11 PM
Any of you guys or gals ever try a Ridge Carbide TS2000 40T saw blade, or hear of anyone who uses one? I'm wondering how it compares to the WWII 40T.

I'm pretty impressed by the WWII, and have a chance to pick up a TS2000 at good price.

martyphee
11-22-2005, 10:29 PM
I owned one of their blades for my old RAS and based on that blade I wouldn't hesitate buying/using their TS blade. Actually, I'm wanting another TS blade and I'm considering the ridge blade.

Chris Rosenberger
11-22-2005, 10:46 PM
I have 2 Ridge blades. 1 for the tablesaw & 1 for the RAS. I also have Forrest blades. The Ridge are equal to the Forrest.

Steven Herbin
11-23-2005, 9:11 AM
I use the Ridge on my TS and CMS. They are wonderful blades. For 40T blades they leave a smooth, totally finished cut. No sanding necessary.

If you get a chance to see the blades demo'ed at a show, don't miss it.

CPeter James
11-23-2005, 10:10 AM
I have and use both and consider the Ridge to be equal or superior to the Forrest. They don't do much advertising, so it is one of the best kept secrets out there. If you get one for a slider or chop saw, be sure that the teeth have a negative rake. The cut is smoooth and I would not hesitate to buy more should the occasion arise.

CPeter

Dan Racette
11-23-2005, 10:21 AM
What are the suppliers for the ridge? I only saw one and the price was over $120 for the 40t combo? I am usually shopping around the $100-$105 mark for a WW2.

I must be a bad blade researcher?

d

scott spencer
11-23-2005, 10:38 AM
What are the suppliers for the ridge? I only saw one and the price was over $120 for the 40t combo? I am usually shopping around the $100-$105 mark for a WW2.

I must be a bad blade researcher?

d The only retailer I've investigated is Ridge Carbide....item price was $120. The blade I'm getting is not from a retailer of theirs.

Thanks to all for the comments!

CPeter James
11-23-2005, 11:40 AM
They only deal direct and they do do some of the shows. Their catalog shows a wide selection of items including router bits and shaper cutters.

The price is a little higher than Forrect, but not much.

CPeter

Dan Racette
11-23-2005, 2:30 PM
Has anyone here experienced the Tenryu gold medal combo?

In my use of it I like the cut, finish and price better than the WW2, but I don't have experience with the ridge. I would like to have all three around the shop, though, before I make a life-long committment!!!

:-)

Bart Leetch
11-25-2005, 1:57 AM
Has anyone here experienced the Tenryu gold medal combo?

In my use of it I like the cut, finish and price better than the WW2, but I don't have experience with the ridge. I would like to have all three around the shop, though, before I make a life-long committment!!!

:-)

I have a 12" Tenryu CMS blade & it great makes a nice clean cut.