PDA

View Full Version : Customer service from Infinity tools

Jim Hager
11-22-2005, 7:08 PM
I recieved an order the other day from infinity tools of a shaper cutter, router bit bearings, rip saw blade and combination blade. I soon put em all to work and in changing out the rip blade for the crosscut I noticed that the rip blade was missing a carbide tooth.

I called Infinity and reported the missing tooth and since I had just recieved the blade they wanted to send me a new one but wanted the other one back to take a look at maybe why it had lost its carbide so soon in it's life or if it was a skipped process in the automated tooth mounting.

I recieved the blade 2 days after reporting the problem and sent back the other the very next day. I got a phone message when I got home from SWMBO to call Dave at infinity. He wanted to see if I was satisfied with the new blade and if I had any other problems with any of their other cutters and blades that I have of theirs.

We visited on the phone for probably 15 minutes and he really seemed to know his business and was interested in my business and the use of their cutters and blades. He of course was trying to sell me more but I came away from the conversation believing that he understood and cared about how his customers view his companies products.

I have purchased several of their products and have been completely satisfied with the results that I get from their stuff. I noticed in a recent magazine article that they had made the list of quality tooling even though they did not get top billing I figure that they are on their way up.

Just thought I would mention their service and would recommend them to any of you in the market for blades, router bits and cutters. infinitytools.com

No association with the company at all other than being a happy camper. :p If you contact them by phone ask for Dave.

Richard Wolf
11-22-2005, 7:36 PM
Jim, I have used alot of there stuff and have always been satisfied with quality and service.

Richard

JayStPeter
11-22-2005, 7:55 PM
Good to hear. I've been getting a lot of Infinity stuff lately also. My rip blade did arrive with all the teeth :D . It works fantastic as a mini dado (its intended purpose with flat tooth grind). It also works well enough as a rip blade, good bargain for the price I paid.

Jay

Bill Fields
11-22-2005, 8:36 PM
Jim, thanks for this report. I would love to see more just like it.

I have gotten great service from Rockler and Lee Valley--replacements sometimes arrive in 2 days--no charge.

Also, good attention from Incra.

I believe that the smaller suppliers typical in woodworking really know the importance of great customer service--and the larger ones mostly have forgot.

I got a newfangled coffee machine by Bunn called "My Cafe`Commercial" to make single servings of coffee. It died after I ran too much water in it. Called Bunn and I had a new one THE NEXT AM! With an apology!!

Let's keep our customer service experience posts going--both good and bad.

Bill Fields

John Renzetti
11-23-2005, 7:12 AM
Hi Jim, That's good to know. David is the son of Carlo Venditto who started what was then called CMT and the renamed Jesada Tools. Great guy and they had great customer service. They made a lot of their router bits right in their factory in Oldsmar, FL. I visited a couple of times and saw that they employed a lot of hand finishing and quality control. Carlo retired a few years ago and David started up this business. I wonder if they still use those nice Walter CNC grinders.
I haven't had a chance to order from them as yet. I'll have to find an excuse to get something.
take care,
John

Phil Maddox
11-24-2005, 9:23 PM
I too am very satisified with their products. I have several router bits that I think are every bit (no pun intended) as good as my CMT's.

I am a diehard Forrest TS blade guy but am seriously considering their "Dadonator" set.

Phil

Allen Bookout
11-24-2005, 11:13 PM
I went by their booth at the Tampa show just to take a look as I had seen good things about them on another forum. The one thing I can say is that they sure knew how to sell to me. They were very nice and did not try to sell me a thing----mean while I had piled up a couple hundred dollars worth of bits in my little pile. How did they do that???? I am generaly not an impulse buyer so I must have been impressed.

I figure that they must be good as a couple of commerical guys came by, did not look anywhere else, just loaded up what they needed, paid and took off. From what I heard them say they must have done a lot of business with Infinity.

I have not had a chance to give the bits a run for their money but appear to be first class.

I forgot to ask where their bits were made but from what John said (above) it makes me wonder if they are made in Florida. Anyone know?

Allen

Rick de Roque
11-24-2005, 11:42 PM
I have their dado blade and it has performed well. I will buy from again.
rick