View Full Version : Paint Brush Handle Extenders

George Bokros
07-22-2018, 8:13 AM
I will soon have a painting challenge when painting the newly remodeled kitchen. The LOML did not want to decide on paint color for the walls until the cabinets were installed. This presents me with a challenge of painting above the angled corner cabinet. I cannot reach the corner with the paint brush to cut in the walls at the ceiling or paint the corner.

There are paint brush extenders and Wooster has a hockey stick brush. Has anyone dealt with a situation like this and if so how did you handle it? Do the brush extenders really work, is the bush controllable? Anyone use the Wooster Hockey stick brush for this type of situation?

Thanks for the input and help.

Marc Jeske
07-22-2018, 9:27 PM
Uhhh, a stick extension and black electrical tape won't work?

Is your situation really more complicated ?


Ed Aumiller
07-22-2018, 9:34 PM
Used a 5 gallon paint stirrer stick from Lowes, cut couple of notches on it to put two cable ties to hold it on without slipping... worked fine...

George Bokros
07-23-2018, 7:14 AM
I like the idea of the five gallon paint stirrer stick and cable ties. Sounds like it would work fine.


Bill Dufour
07-23-2018, 10:59 AM
The extension works fairly well. get the metal one not plastic. Not for good detail edging. I had to get mine mail order, box stores only had plastic.
Shurline is the only metal maker I know of.
Bill D.

Rich Engelhardt
07-23-2018, 3:32 PM
https://www.sherwin-williams.com/hom...brush-extender (https://www.sherwin-williams.com/homeowners/products/shurline-paint-brush-extender)+1 to that one. I used the heck out of one just like it years ago when I had a painting company. (1983-ish)
Yes, they do a great job.
I'd let you borrow mine - if I knew where I'd stuck it!
A 5 gal stir stick & cable ties (or duct tape) - if it's for just a one time thing - will work fine also.

Just cover everything up real well. It's difficult to control the drips from the brush.