PDA

View Full Version : Arkansas/Oklahoma border today

Michael Weber
07-20-2018, 7:25 PM
:(389999 Lovely evening in my home town.

Frederick Skelly
07-20-2018, 7:31 PM
Yow! Does that happen often?

Ken Combs
07-20-2018, 7:39 PM
Yow! Does that happen often?
Same here almost, 104, Near Tulsa. Thankfully, not normal, rare occurrence. Even worse, the heat index is about 10deg higher!
S

Bryan Lisowski
07-20-2018, 9:45 PM
But it's a dry heat! Yeah right, that's just plain hot.

Michael Weber
07-20-2018, 10:22 PM
As Ken said it's thankfully uncommon. Actually the humidity wasn't too high so the feel like temperature was only 111 or so. I was out in the garage earlier in the afternoon working on the sidecar rig and as long as I kept the fan blowing it was bearable.
As Johnny Carson once said "the bad news is that in time the sun will go supernova and the earths surface will rise to over a million degrees. The good news is that it will be a dry heat" :). I miss Johnny

Bert Kemp
07-21-2018, 6:57 PM
Hottest Week of the Year Starts Monday

LAST UPDATED: July 20, 2018 7:03pmThe high in Phoenix was 109 on Friday.
There's a slight chance for isolated thunderstorms in the Valley overnight on Friday but any activity would be very widespread and short-lived. After that, the main weather story going into next week will be extreme heat. The National Weather Service has already issued Excessive Heat Warnings for Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday.
Our forecast highs shape up like this: Monday 115 degrees, Tuesday 117 and Wednesday 115 again. Temperatures should drop a couple more degrees after Wednesday dropping us out of the high danger area.
It's likely we'll also be setting some daily records for a few of those dates. And it's also likely that somewhere around the state, early next week, we'll see a 120.

Perry Hilbert Jr
07-22-2018, 3:02 PM
A week ago, I was cleaning the barn and dumped some metal scraps in an empty water tub until I could make room for them in the rack. They were out there in the afternoon sun for perhaps 30 minutes. The temp was only about 93, but we had a clear dry day with no haze. I could not pick up the pieces of scrap metal, even with gloves. I can't imagine what it is like out where you folks live. Do you throw sheets and towels over the seats and driving wheel of the car?