PDA

View Full Version : Engraving Buck Knife Wood

Bill George
07-20-2018, 7:07 PM
I have been asked to engrave the wood part of a Buck knife, more than one. Anyway I gave mine away a few years ago so I have Nothing to try on. The wood looks to be epoxy coated wood? Does it engrave or melt? My other option is to do the blade with my fiber machine. Thanks guys-gals

BTW I just finished the basement clean up remodel after the flood yesterday. Water came in 3 weeks ago and It was slow progress getting it all cleaned and dry. Surprising what a fresh coat of paint and new carpet (tile this time) can make!!

Mike Null
07-20-2018, 8:54 PM
Bill
That might be an acrylic impregnated material which has been in use for many years. I can recall one version called Diamondwood. All of these engrave beautifully.

Glad you got your flood damage cleaned up.

Bert Kemp
07-20-2018, 9:20 PM
I have a few 110 Bucks that engraved just fine.

Bill George
07-21-2018, 7:42 AM
Ok thanks guys. I have eight to do and a deadline, gee I wonder why they did not do, oh say a week ago?

Mike Null
07-21-2018, 7:53 AM
Bill
Just to be on the safe side I would mask them.

Kev Williams
07-21-2018, 12:39 PM
Ok thanks guys. I have eight to do and a deadline, gee I wonder why they did not do, oh say a week ago?

Oh, that would be too easy! I get many PO's with due dates prior to the PO date. http://www.engraver1.com/gifs/banghead.gif -- Now where did I leave that flux capacitor?