PDA

View Full Version : Bandsaw Blade issue

Donnie Raines
11-22-2005, 9:22 AM
My Ridgid 14 inchs saw has an odd issue. The saw is set up properly(trust me:rolleyes: ). When you begin the cut(lets say a staright cut) the blade tracks hard to the right(front of the saw). You can actually see the blade tweak as it begins to track in that direction. The cool blocks and trust bearing are set properly.

I have a Timberwolve 1/2 3 tpi blade on it. I have not tried a new blade yet.

Lee DeRaud
11-22-2005, 10:29 AM
When you say "tracks hard", how much exactly? I have the same blade in a 14" Delta, and it has almost 1/4" of drift cranked in (measured at the edges of the table).

Donnie Raines
11-22-2005, 10:32 AM
When you say "tracks hard", how much exactly? I have the same blade in a 14" Delta, and it has almost 1/4" of drift cranked in (measured at the edges of the table).

I was cutting some two inch thick stock last night. It would steer off by some 1/4 to 3/8.....the blade even popped off a few times.

Brad Olson
11-22-2005, 10:37 AM
Sounds to me like a tension issue. Your spring might be shot. If it isn't that, the blade must be really dull. If it isn't tension or a dull blade, they may have improperly welded the blade.

Donnie Raines
11-22-2005, 10:43 AM
Sounds to me like a tension issue. Your spring might be shot. If it isn't that, the blade must be really dull. If it isn't tension or a dull blade, they may have improperly welded the blade.

I was thinking blade too...though the blade has low miles on it and the wood it has cut was rather 'easy going'.

Lee DeRaud
11-22-2005, 10:53 AM
Might want to take a look at the "other" bandsaw blade thread:
http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=26620
Apparently drift is sensitive to where the blade is tracking on the wheels. Makes sense, just never saw it mentioned before.