PDA

View Full Version : I'm thinking of getting one of these...

Bob Winkler
11-22-2005, 8:10 AM
For some time I've been eyeing the Fein Multimaster XL kit for possible purchase. I do a lot of home improvement "stuff" in support of my 2 daughters, sister, mom, and of course , my wife. Thought it might come in handy.

And now the deal is really tempting because they are bundling the kits with the 14.4 drill, which could replace my aging Makita.

Is anyone familiar with this tool and can recommend it?

Thanks,
Bob

tim langford
11-22-2005, 8:27 AM
Great tool for remodeling. I use the little cut-off saw the most. Very well made. Like every tool, it does things that other tools aren't made to do.

Steve Schoene
11-22-2005, 8:27 AM
The Fein multimaster is an excellent tool, a detail sander that really works. I have gotten good use from mine.

Mark Singer
11-22-2005, 8:41 AM
Bob,
Where is the special? Link?

tod evans
11-22-2005, 8:41 AM
i use the pneumatic version of the multimaster and give it four stars. tod

Greg Heppeard
11-22-2005, 8:46 AM
Love my Multi-Master

Jim W. White
11-22-2005, 9:21 AM
Mark,
Here's a link to the combo. Look's nice, but a lot of cabbage.

http://www.coastaltool.com/cgi-bin/SoftCart.exe/a/fein/multimaster-holiday.htm?L+coastest+lwfn2105ff9b7e9b+1132714299

Mark Singer
11-22-2005, 10:24 AM
Mark,
Here's a link to the combo. Look's nice, but a lot of cabbage.

http://www.coastaltool.com/cgi-bin/SoftCart.exe/a/fein/multimaster-holiday.htm?L+coastest+lwfn2105ff9b7e9b+1132714299

It is a lot of green....but the drill pack alone is $211 (Amazon)
That means the Multimaster is under $200 which is better than even the recent WW Show price..and the drills are great!

Dick Bringhurst
11-22-2005, 10:28 AM
I have the sanding kit and couldn't be happier. Dick B.

Lou Morrissette
11-22-2005, 1:33 PM
Bob,

I don't own one but had the occasion to use one as a detail sander and was very impressed.

Lou

Steve Wargo
11-22-2005, 7:08 PM
I have the 12V drill and it is the best I've ever used. Drills holes for door locks through 6/4 mahogany... No problems.

Bob Winkler
11-23-2005, 8:06 AM
Thanks for the input guys. I went to Coastal yesterday and picked up the set. The deal was even sweetened by a $20 automatic rebate. The whole thing came to $380. It's a lot of money, but sometime down the road I'm sure I'll be glad I got it. I have to admit, it's nice having a 1/2" cordless drill of high quality.

This weekend, I'll attack the floor tile grout with the Multimaster.

Bob

Frank Pellow
11-23-2005, 7:40 PM
Thanks for the input guys. I went to Coastal yesterday and picked up the set. The deal was even sweetened by a $20 automatic rebate. The whole thing came to $380. It's a lot of money, but sometime down the road I'm sure I'll be glad I got it. I have to admit, it's nice having a 1/2" cordless drill of high quality.

This weekend, I'll attack the floor tile grout with the Multimaster.

Bob
Congratulations on your purchase Bob!

Its a very tempting offer, but there is a lot of overlap with some of my Festool tools, so I will pass it up.

John Miliunas
11-23-2005, 8:32 PM
Bob, can't say about the drill but, I picked up the MultiMaster about a year ago. I've yet to use the sander part of it, but the cutting tools are the bomb!!!:D Most recently, I needed to cut a run of drywall out, about 6" wide by about 8' long to run some Romex. Of course, it was IN the house and LOML preferred not to have to be vacuuming drywall dust for the next two weeks! :rolleyes: The tiny, frequent stroke of the tool, made for a fairly quick and accurate job. PLUS, just a tiny bit of drywall dust, which primarily fell straight downward and was a piece 'o cake to vacuum up. Virtually, NO stray dust floating all over the place! And, for having to cut up close when repairing siding or other such nonsense, I can't think of a handier tool.:D Since I've had it, I'd place it right next to my Sawzall for a homeowner "must have"!:) :cool:

Mark Singer
11-25-2005, 9:19 AM
Bob,
Where is the review? How do they work? Is the drill nice?:confused: