PDA

View Full Version : Intro to Felder's Customer Support Page

Bacari Vann
07-18-2018, 8:36 AM
Good Day Creek!

My name is Bacari Vann and I head the customer support department over at Felder Group USA in New Castle, DE. We've decided to create this page as a direct-to-client contact for any woodworking questions you may have as well as machine questions.

**PLEASE NOTE THERE WILL BE NO PRICING INFO DISCUSSED THRU THIS PAGE BUT I WOULD BE MORE THAN HAPPY TO CONNECT YOU TO YOUR RESPECTIVE AREA REPRESENTATIVES**

Our PM box on the Saw Mill Creek site is open for all inquiries. Please feel free to use (not abuse :D) us as a reliable source. We look forward to hearing from you guys, All the best! :)

Bacari Vann
Customer Support
https://www.felder-group.com/us-us

Bacari Vann
07-18-2018, 11:30 AM
You will be able to find list pricing if you register on our site, if you have not already. For in-depth quotations, I would be more than happy to get you in contact with your area representative :)

Keith Outten
07-19-2018, 9:03 AM
Please keep the discussion on topic, its woodworking and machine questions.

Mike King
07-19-2018, 9:26 AM
Hi

I have a CF741 and am interested in using the shaper for pattern shaping. It's unclear to me what I need in order to shape curved pieces. If I buy a Bowmouldmaster shaper hood, what other pieces do I need to go with it? I have purchased a set of guide rings. Do I also need the Aigner Curve Shaping Stop? If not, what's the purpose of the stop?

I also see the Euro Curve Shaping Guard. How does it differ from the Bowmouldmaster? What's the advantage of one over the other?

Thanks,

Mike King

Eduard Nemirovsky
07-19-2018, 9:50 AM
I am second to Mike question , Ed

Hi

I have a CF741 and am interested in using the shaper for pattern shaping. It's unclear to me what I need in order to shape curved pieces. If I buy a Bowmouldmaster shaper hood, what other pieces do I need to go with it? I have purchased a set of guide rings. Do I also need the Aigner Curve Shaping Stop? If not, what's the purpose of the stop?

I also see the Euro Curve Shaping Guard. How does it differ from the Bowmouldmaster? What's the advantage of one over the other?

Thanks,

Mike King

Bacari Vann
07-19-2018, 11:50 AM
Good Day Mike (& Eduard),

Thank you for reaching out with this inquiry. Below is a list of part numbers you will need for the two styles of shaper hoods -

Aigner Brand:
01.0.281 (for 30mm spindle)
01.0.282 (for 1 1/4" spindle)

Felder Brand:
400-610
400-611

To give a quick comparison, the Aigner Bowmouldmaster provides for more accuracy when it comes to utilizing the curved shaping stop with the incremental scale milled into the stop. The Felder would require manually adjusting where the curve stop sits in comparison to your cutter.

**Please note, Felder models 2014 and after are prepared to take the Aigner hood. Models before may need to have holes milled into the cast iron**

If you have any additional questions, dont hesistate to give us a call @ 866-792-5288! All the best! -- Bacari Vann

Travis Porter
07-19-2018, 12:21 PM
I have a pre X-roll KF700S that does not support a dado blade. Are there parts or updates available to make it so that it would support a US style dado or Felder's dado equivalent?

Bacari Vann
07-19-2018, 1:08 PM
Hi Travis!

Felder does a great job of supporting their machines through many years of changes and updates. After looking into your machine series, the option to retrofit a dado arbor is not possible. Other clients that have expressed interest in this update have found the slotting blade, (03.0.030) to be a helpful substitute, it has a 5mm kerf and of course has flat teeth. We hope this is helpful to your woodworking too! All the best! -- Bacari Vann

Dennis Yamamoto
07-20-2018, 4:09 AM
I have a 2009 CF741S with a 4 knife cutter block. After using several spiral planers and jointers at the Krenov School, I'd like to change to a spiral head. Since Felder will not sell their silent power cutter block, what other options are there? Does Byrd make a spiral head for this machine?

Buying a new CF741 with the spiral cutter block is not an option.

Thanks

Mike King
07-20-2018, 8:09 AM
I'd contact Mac Campshure -- I believe he represents Byrd and has tremendous experience with the Felder machines. Are you on the Felder Users Group?

Mike King
07-26-2018, 10:02 AM
So question for Felder -- I've never understood the difference between your grooving cutters and slot cutters for the shaper -- which do I use when?

Rod Sheridan
07-26-2018, 10:12 AM
Hi Mike, some of the cutters are built like a rip blade with no scoring cutters, they're great for fully enclosed deep slots in solid material.

For tenoning, grooving or rebating in solid or man made material I use the cutters with scoring cutters.

I purchased a 30mm spindle for my shaper so that I could share tooling between saw and shaper...........regards, Rod.

Alan Larocque
07-28-2018, 9:23 PM
Hello Bacari. I have sent you an email. I thought I would also try this method of contact. Thank you for taking questions for Felder machinery. I own a K 700 S with Power drive. I have a question referencing setting the blade height for grooves and dados. Is there a way to set the blade height electronically to zero when the blade is flush with the tabletop. If I can establish that position as zero then I can raise the blade with the machines electronics to the desired height.

Thanks in advance for your time.

Alan larocque@sonic.net

Dan T Jones
07-30-2018, 1:46 PM
This could be a great help from Felder but unfortunately no replies from Bacari since the 19th. This is exactly the pattern I see in dealing with Felder. I also sent Bacari a PM on the 26th but no acknowledgment or answer to questions.

Maybe he is on vacation.

Dan

Dan T Jones
07-30-2018, 6:14 PM
Just to let you all know I did get a reply from Bacari. I am standing by for a support person to contact me.
Dan

Alan Kalker
11-27-2019, 8:26 PM
I have the Hammer jointer/planer A3 31. It smoked briefly before I quickly pulled the plug. The smoke came from the back center of the machine. I pulled the back off but don't see anything. The motor does not smell. I cleaned what I could and, when I tried to run it again it turns on but slowly. Rather than stress the motor, I turned it back off.
In the past, at startup, it would sometimes spin slowly for a few seconds, but would then quickly get up to speed. Now, it does not. Suggestions?
Thanks

Rod Sheridan
11-28-2019, 9:29 AM
Sounds like either the start or run capacitor................Regards, Rod.

Alan Kalker
11-28-2019, 11:55 AM
I think this is figured out now. I was doing a long run and I think some sawdust and grease started smoking. The machine needed to be cleaned and regreased so I did that. When I tried to turn it back on I was a bit stressed about this and forgot to hold the start button down and it caused my breaker to flip. I let it alone overnight and turned it on normally this morning and it is running fine. Ran through some wood for 30 minutes and no problems. Note to self: clean this more often.

Jonathan Smith 101
12-17-2019, 5:01 PM
That must be a relief because a new Felder motor might get expensive. Years ago, I had a guy in a motor rebuild shop tell me that all new motors are made with smoke inside the housing. Once you let the smoke out, it will quit working.

I am an expecting Felder CF741 owner. I'm wondering if the motors are CE standard or proprietary.

I am also wondering if there is another felder forum. It looks like there was one somehow attached to Festool but split off in 2015. The link I found is a dead end.

Mark e Kessler
12-17-2019, 5:07 PM
Here is the Felder group previous on Yahoo groups...

groups.io /g/ felderownersgroup (remove spaces)

That must be a relief because a new Felder motor might get expensive. Years ago, I had a guy in a motor rebuild shop tell me that all new motors are made with smoke inside the housing. Once you let the smoke out, it will quit working.

I am an expecting Felder CF741 owner. I'm wondering if the motors are CE standard or proprietary.

I am also wondering if there is another felder forum. It looks like there was one somehow attached to Festool but split off in 2015. The link I found is a dead end.

Tim Derr
12-18-2019, 9:18 AM
Those that did not know - there is a new Felder forum page for help - that I am checking every day, every other day.

https://sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?269492-Felder-Group-USA-Support

All the best